SHARP VZ-2500 : Side A does not read the vinyl

Funkateer38

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2017
Hello, I've been tearing my hair out on a VZ-2500 for days. I need your help :

Side A does not read the vinyl, The stylus is positioned correctly on the beginning of the LP or EP. Then the stylus continues its journey until the end of the vinyl without reading it.
The new stylus is in good contact with the vinyl, the solenoids work, lubrication done, contacts checked from the stylus to the microcomputer via IC507
Side B works fine.

Any solution for me please?
Thank you

ScreenShot00509.png

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Seems like a mechanical problem to me.
I've seen a VZ-2500 do similar things because of a broken hinge in the tone arm assembly.
That causes the piece of plastic that blocks the light sensor to go up a little too far so the sensor is open and causes the tone arm to move forward.
If you are lucky, you might be able to fix it with some super glue. Worked fine for me.

Reactions: Funkateer38

Funkateer38

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2017
Seems like a mechanical problem to me.
I've seen a VZ-2500 do similar things because of a broken hinge in the tone arm assembly.
That causes the piece of plastic that blocks the light sensor to go up a little too far so the sensor is open and causes the tone arm to move forward.
If you are lucky, you might be able to fix it with some super glue. Worked fine for me.
Hello, thank you for your message. Nothing is broken in the bracket. You are right, the rod rubs on the detector and prevents the movement of the stylus.
The cause is the new stylus. Unable to buy a sharp STY-130 stylus in 2022, I replaced it with an audio technica ATN95. the tip of the ATN95 is higher than the tip of the STY-130 and therefore offsets the rod on the detector.
After about fifty readings of side A, the rod moves away from the detector and the movement of the stylus is done correctly.

Now, a second problem, the sound when playing sizzles.
Side B works fine

A new idea to eliminate the sizzle?

Thank you