Sharp VZ-2000 Strip Down Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmack

Member (SA)
Jan 19, 2013
Vienna
Thanks. And I even assembled it already.
But now I got the next problem at hand. I wanted to clean the function selector buttons with contact spray as i read in some manual. I sprayed it in and worked the buttons for like 15 minutes. But now the FM buttons seem to be totally out. I hear the static, but it doesn't change. (Just FM and FM Stereo! MW and LW are crappy, but they kind of work)

Any ideas?

Glad i could help you guys out.........its a long time since ive read it. I think my VZ needs a new tone arm drive belt, or the worm drive needs a clean and some new lube. But after its initial strip and clean, its performed fantastic. I took it to work last christmas for the party we had, everyone couldn't believe how well it looked for its age and the sound it produces......in fact as i type this, i have my headphones on listening to a record......i have not bought a cd since i rebuilt it, all i buy now are records .....lol.....

Kev

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
madbadger said:
Glad i could help you guys out.........its a long time since ive read it. I think my VZ needs a new tone arm drive belt, or the worm drive needs a clean and some new lube. But after its initial strip and clean, its performed fantastic. I took it to work last christmas for the party we had, everyone couldn't believe how well it looked for its age and the sound it produces......in fact as i type this, i have my headphones on listening to a record......i have not bought a cd since i rebuilt it, all i buy now are records .....lol.....

Kev
Great to see you again Kev!!!

Thought we'd lost you forever!!!!

hi there, na im still alive and kicking.......kicking myself as i miss out on a minter on fleabay..........just forgot about it, body shell was mint, but the guy couldn't get it running, i wanted it to rebuild it with a working VZ i have but the case is a bit rough......oh well keep my eyes open next time.

A mate of mine suggested that i do a video strip down on my VZ.......hmmm i just might do.

Kev

Wat

Member (SA)
Apr 12, 2015
Dorset, England
Wow! Absolutely amazing, think I could follow this but I haven't got a 2000, but I have got a 3000 anybody know of a similar breakdown , if so please message...

barnee

Member (SA)
Aug 14, 2016
just completed an overhaul on my vz2000z the hard way, no info, but in future will use this download thanks.
New belts ,new tape head ,repair on/off switch clean and lube where necessary blown away by sound quality of this beast especially
amazed at the tape deck sound since new head installed.I used a auto reverse head as had it in stock and it was the only one I had with correct mounting and size.Also fitted a little blue tooth receiver to the line input and it works great.
Barnee Wanaka N.Z.
:clap:

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
If you guys think the 2000 is complex, I reckon the VZ-3000 is worse ! I've got in in pieces in a banana box and the power supply is currently being resurrected by a local radio repair shop (hopefully) after some plumsack (not me) left the voltage selector at 110 and plugged it in to the 220V mains !!

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I don't understand why this teardown has you taking all sorts of stuff apart on the turntable first, none of that is necessary if you're just trying to open it up.

The service manual has disassembly instructions better than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.