Sharp QT thread, post your cuties :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Totally missed this thread before. With help from across the Pond, I now have the matching battery cover to make it complete. I spotted a QT12 with an original door sticker at a nearby truck stop. It's being used in the gas attendant's shack and looks like it's begging to be rescued. I might offer to buy it next time I pass through. Is there a Line In on the QT12?

andy.karpov

Member (SA)
Feb 1, 2012
The Earth

Sharp Qt17 black, just arrived from the USA.
I'm totally happen, because the same Qt (but white) was my first cassette player (was unfortunetly damaged 25 years ago).

Very nice model, it is survived and still alive, all functions working. :)
Volume fader is a bit noisy (probably some dust inside, have no ideas if it can be repaired).

Looking for a AC/DC adaptor for it (220v / 9v).

P.S. Terry, as promised, here is my Qt! :)

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Terry said:
Andy that's very nice, get her nice and shiny and post some more pictures! I'll look around for a spare power pack for you.

skippy? That QT 19. you been holding out on us? It's stunning. The 27 is nice too.
LOL! Yes I've been holding out on you Terry. :w00t:
I bought the QT19 non working and I fixes the walkman,but the main unit was dead. :thumbsup:
I couldn't figure it out,so I gave it to bill to tinker with and he found some bad parts. :cool:
He fixed it for me....... :w00t: :thumbsup:

andy.karpov

Member (SA)
Feb 1, 2012
The Earth
Terry said:
Andy that's very nice, get her nice and shiny and post some more pictures! I'll look around for a spare power pack for you.
Of course, will try to get it nice and shiny! More pictures will be available soon ;)

And thanx Terry, but probably i will try to solder a 9v power supply myself, that's not so big problem.
I guess it is impossible to get just an original power supply :(

supahank

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
My QT collection started with a long sad story involving my favorite Sharp QT I had as a kid that was 'accidentally' sold by my brother. The psychological scarring led me to start buying any QT-50, QT-v40, and QT-50 mini I could get my hands on :-P .

I know I'm still missing some colors, so if anybody comes across one, let me know.

supahank

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
wills15 said:
^ probably about $10,000 worth on eBay.com.au!
I got a lot of these for under $30 on ebay, but recently some prices have started going up. Right now there's a glut of the pink QTs, so the prices have come back down to $10.

supahank

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Scotty_M said:
Damn supahank...I absolutely love what you got there. The v40's have such awesome colour combinations.

Scotty
Many thanks. The v40s are my favorite also; I know I'm missing at least 2 color combos. The gray with red top and gray with yellow top. And there might be even more out there that I don't know about. (I didn't even know the blue/yellow existed before I saw it on eBay).

unicorns

Member (SA)
Feb 11, 2013
Washington, DC
:drool: amazing/droolworthy collection, supahank. i love those QTs. i had a mini seafoam green one as a kid and i'm thinkin i might try to get my hands on one again someday :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.