Sharp GF9696

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerotan

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Manchester, UK
Sorta reviving this thread (sadly not with pics of a 9696 sorry :sad: ) but was just wondering why some of the boxes say 26W on the front and others say 40W? Is the 40 PMPO wattage as opposed to RMS?

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Wow. the GF9696 is a far more interesting box than I really gave it credit for previously. Love these posts as they really give you a much better idea of it's entire appearance much more so than your average ebay listing that's photo are mostly taken without any care or love.

Thanks a bunch Ewen, I'll be adding a 9696 to the collection soon as I can, that's for sure.

Rock On.

gf9696

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
Catasauqua,Pennsylvania
Kerotan said:
Sorta reviving this thread (sadly not with pics of a 9696 sorry :sad: ) but was just wondering why some of the boxes say 26W on the front and others say 40W? Is the 40 PMPO wattage as opposed to RMS?
I had both in the pass.I can tell you as far as sound goes they are all the same included the 58 watt back badge 40 watt front plate GF9696Z..My 508 is rated at 28 watts but is as loud as all others the difference being it is a 100 volt with no voltage selector.They all Sound the same if properly cleaned and kept..Interior cleaning with Deoxit brings out the sound quality of an inferior sounding box that has oxidized boards and contacts.

I would encourage you to get one it is a very nice Boombox with extra sharp looks. :stereo:

My goodness...... :drool:

Its soooo nice to see boomboxes outside..... airing their woofers, giving their antennas a good full-range stretch to the skies.

Oh yesss! :cool:

I am pretty sure though that there's a variant of this box where the surrunding parts of the speakers (not the chrome rims) are bright silver..... Your one appears like a dark grey / black.

-BoomBoxDeluxe.

gf9696

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
Catasauqua,Pennsylvania
Yes indeed mine is the GF508B it is black except for chrome and stainless faceplates.I've seen one I believe Ed had one that was a different variant I believe his was silver but the area surrounding the speaker silver rim was of gun metal color.There are several variants all awesome.Although I'm partial to my Black Beauty.On right next to my M70

Status
Not open for further replies.