SHARP GF1000 777 999

Status
Not open for further replies.

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
I am very happy to FINALLY be getting my hands on the SHARP GF1000. It comes from a well known collector. :bow: Superb conditon as well.
I also look to grab another one and have it painted to my liking. 999 is also on my list.

I have a question on what are the sound qualities and how may they differ and to what makes one sound better than the other, in your opinion between the 767, 777, 999, 1000. Great site by the way. I stereo2go years ago and follow several facebook links too.

I am a junkie for certain :drool:
Thanks. Bill

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
riker1068 said:
I am very happy to FINALLY be getting my hands on the SHARP GF1000.
It comes from a well known collector. :bow: Superb conditon as well.
Congrats, but :morepics: We want to see your boombox. :yes:

wolff3012

Member (SA)
Dec 19, 2011
Germany
www.youtube.com
the 767 has no tweeters and no woofer control
the 999 has a bit more treble, because the potiplatiene is not the same... (Speakers are the same, they are dark, because they are not often used...)
The GF 1000 has better speakers, but i dont know more. I would say the technic is the same like in the gf 999.

The GF 1000 is the best, but 90 % the same with the other ones :-)

CONGRATULATION for your neeeew GF 1000 !!!!!!!

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Wolff Thank you for the detailed post. Thank all of you for responding. I will be pulling all the speakers to be refoamed. Being the age they are. I rather just pull em and have them done. Likely gonna go with a blue refoam. Hmmm pictures. I'll figure this thing out one day

This is a photo of it when cleaned up by the previous owners member friend

And a poor quality of me with it on Tuesday.

Once my 6 shirts come in (ordered all colors) I'll then pose.

I may also drop in some after market outers in as well??

Attachments

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
I also posted this in your other thread: These don't have foam surrounds, they're solid paper which can be repaired permanently without affecting their function. Just use PVA glue and paper stitches. (Steristrips there?)

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
With some helpful advice. I'm gonna replace all the speakers and soon send out the originals (when I find the person and time) to be redone. These are the replacements I got (after) I grabbed a set off 777 speakers. Bose. See pic.
also, the 777 replacements as well (which I'll likely sell for what I grabbed them for) Can I test speakers with a 9 volt battery? In addition, When swapping replacements. Do I put something between the speaker and body of the unit to deter vibration? :angelic:

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
riker1068 said:
With some helpful advice. I'm gonna replace all the speakers and soon send out the originals (when I find the person and time) to be redone. These are the replacements I got (after) I grabbed a set off 777 speakers. Bose. See pic.
also, the 777 replacements as well (which I'll likely sell for what I grabbed them for) Can I test speakers with a 9 volt battery? In addition, When swapping replacements. Do I put something between the speaker and body of the unit to deter vibration? :angelic:
trust me on this...use the 777 speakers as your best replacement they are the same speaker that came out of the 1000 if you would like i would be more than happy to spray the 777 speakers white for you all you will need is a smaller dust cap for the outer woofers very hard to find replacements for these a lot of issues arise ...if you can find a set of gf 8989 speakers and use as your outer ones!!!pm me if you would like more info....jimmy :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.