Sharp GF-800 Louder Out Of One Channel…

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Here is another bonus from me - You don't need to check line output.
You must find and replace these caps: C303, C305, C401, C411.
Look at pic to see them locations.

You must buy capacitors with the same value from a local shop for electronic components.
If you don't have a solder gun, you must find a friend who have it.
Good luck with restoration.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucasmertens

lucasmertens

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
i remember one of my aiwa music centres was down on the left output. i replaced 7 small caps on the pre amp board and that sorted it out
I don’t believe I could ever muster up the courage to change out caps on any of my equipment… I’m so accident-prone I’d probably end up screwing something up :lol:

I'm glad that I can help you. Keep us posted.
So, I think I’ve finally solved the issue!

I was trying to look at the board and determine where everything was, and I noticed something - the left speaker jack output was wobbly.

Upon closer inspection, it appears one of the solder joints was loose, so I got my old iron out and applied some solder to all the joints on both jacks, just to be sure.

I also gave all the sliders a second, more thorough cleaning by inserting a q-tip with isopropyl into each one and gently wiping it up and down the length of them. The amount of dirt that came out of them this time was unbelievable. I then applied a small amount of dielectric silicone grease to the sides of each of the slider switches (whilst being careful not to allow any of the grease to touch the graphite contacts on the board).

I then extended the speaker wires and also added a bluetooth module for good measure. I soldered it to the RCA input on the board (so I can still use the RCA input with a cable should I ever wish to) and paired it with a rechargeable powerbank, squeezed it all into the original battery compartment, reassembled everything and tested it, and voila! It works beautifully! :clap:

For anyone curious as to my bluetooth module setup, it’s just an old Logitech bluetooth adapter paired with an even older 4000mAh powerbank.

Attached is a photo of my “setup” - it’s rough but it fits nice and snug in the battery compartment and works well! As a bonus, it doesn’t permanently alter the unit in any way, so if I choose to get rid of it in future I can do so with relative ease.

A massive thank you to everyone who tried to help rectify this issue, in particular Goodman for the detailed diagram, which I’ll keep on hand/saved for future reference should I require it.

Happy listening! :stereo:

5BF52EC9-C227-4193-9A13-1A031C5A0980.jpeg
3242B21D-99FE-4D13-8BEF-E3BB78B6FDA4.jpeg

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
how did u not notice that speaker jack output loose in the first place..that would of been the first thing i would of checked...i dunno talk about go around the houses the long way..i know u said you are not technologically savvy about fixing this. but it would help if newbee says i have not got a clue what im doing when they start there post. then we all know where we stand..anyway you've got it sorted now. and if theres a next time with a box with the same issue. you will never forget to check that first...happy listning

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
I'm glad you were able to handle the repairs yourself.
Apparently the problem was due to poor contact of the sliders and poor soldering of the speaker jack.
I like the modification with the added BT module.