Sharp GF-777 Speakers

ukfresh

Feb 10, 2021
UK
Hi All
I've just pulled my box out from the loft after many years of storage. I'm having issues with the speakers. Initially when I first plugged it in and played a cassette I was only getting sound from the left speakers, when I turned the balance to the right speaker all I was getting was faint sound coming from it. Since playing it for longer I started to get sound from the right speaker but lost the left. Also I would only have to slightly turn the balance knob for the sound to switch between the speakers. Any advice on what may be the cause and what I need to do?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
The functions need cleaning with contact cleaner. You can buy some from cpc.
Cleaning them is best done with the unit open and you need to ensure you also use the contact cleaner on the “record bar” which is associated with the cassette deck which records. You need to spray liberally while placing cloth around to protect other areas. Then work the knob/switch thoroughly by hand.
This will clear most of the issues.

atarijen

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2021
usa
The functions need cleaning with contact cleaner. You can buy some from cpc.
Cleaning them is best done with the unit open and you need to ensure you also use the contact cleaner on the “record bar” which is associated with the cassette deck which records. You need to spray liberally while placing cloth around to protect other areas. Then work the knob/switch thoroughly by hand.
This will clear most of the issues.
I have a similar issue. I noticed there was barely any sound coming out of the right side. I currently use line in with CDs. Should I do the same? Are there any photos or guides? Thank you

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
To clean the function and record bar it is necessary to open the box.
Sometimes the problem is in the line-phono switch on the back, next to the L R cinch.
Without a signal - this is so important!!!, switch the key several times and then do a test.