Sharp gf 6565e

pete246

Feb 7, 2024
Uk
Hello everyone

I know I'm asking alot but does anyone have a picture or a diagram of how to restring the radio on my gf 6565.
It looks pretty similar to the 5858 but I can't find any information on either regarding the radio cord or its path .
Any help would be appreciated.
Pete20240418_174701.jpg

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Whenever I remove a cord, I take multiple pictures of the routing and closeup pics of the way it's wrapped around the tuning knob shaft and tuning capacitor drum.
The direction it goes off the spring and top or bottom position on the drum is important.

Skalenschnurbespannung, holy cow.
I'm glad I took Latin in high school instead of German.

pete246

Feb 7, 2024
Uk
Whenever I remove a cord, I take multiple pictures of the routing and closeup pics of the way it's wrapped around the tuning knob shaft and tuning capacitor drum.
The direction it goes off the spring and top or bottom position on the drum is important.

Skalenschnurbespannung, holy cow.
I'm glad I took Latin in high school instead of German.
That's excellent advice and something I always do unfortunately I purchased it with the radio does not work the cord had snapped and was lying at the bottom of the case with the spring still attached.
Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Tinman

pete246

Feb 7, 2024
Uk
Hello everyone

I know I'm asking alot but does anyone have a picture or a diagram of how to restring the radio on my gf 6565.
It looks pretty similar to the 5858 but I can't find any information on either regarding the radio cord or its path .
Any help would be appreciated.
PeteView attachment 58511
Well it's all done with a lot of trial and error and bags of patience thanks to everyone.

Reactions: Tinman