Sharp GF 575 being a pain...

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Picked up a GF 575 for spares/repairs understanding it would need the usual reconditioning (belts, record bar/switches etc). Tapes now play well, rewind/ffw work on both decks, but it's still giving me some problems;

Pressing record on tape B switches sound to left channel only & low volume - record bar has been cleaned several times.
Dolby light is on all the time - switch has been cleaned several times.
Does not power off if tape is playing.

All caps look to be in good condition, line in and phono are AOK, no crackles, no power on/off noise, band selector switch is fine.

Has anyone got any suggestions I could try please?

Josh9994

Member (SA)
Jan 6, 2019
AZ, USA
My GF-777 and GF-515 stay on with the power switch off while playing a tape. The power switch only turns off the radio and aux/phono.

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Josh9994 said:
My GF-777 and GF-515 stay on with the power switch off while playing a tape. The power switch only turns off the radio and aux/phono.
Thanks for that, I'm new to Sanyos it's a feature not a bug:)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
DPaignall said:
Picked up a GF 575 for spares/repairs understanding it would need the usual reconditioning (belts, record bar/switches etc). Tapes now play well, rewind/ffw work on both decks, but it's still giving me some problems;

Pressing record on tape B switches sound to left channel only & low volume - record bar has been cleaned several times.

All caps look to be in good condition, line in and phono are AOK, no crackles, no power on/off noise, band selector switch is fine.

Try cleaning and de magnetize the heads also adjust the azimuth of the heads .

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
JVC Floyd said:

Try cleaning and de magnetize the heads also adjust the azimuth of the heads .
Will do, thanks for the suggestion!