Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
I should pull those 2 out, right ?

IMG_3150.JPG

Last time when i tried to do it, i didn´t succeed, it was stuck from other side i guess.

Should i remove this highlighted piece ?

IMG_3154.JPG

These are old photos already, will make new ones when i get to it, which will happen very soon, when i get it back from repair shop. :yes:

And again, thanks for help James !!!!! :w00t: :thumbsup: :bow:

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Yes. Pull that flywheel and capstan out from the rear of the deck.
Update:

Got my GF-555 back from repairman yesterday, paid 15 euros total for switch repair, now works safe and sound, but they didn´t repair the cassette deck, but no problem, i did it myself ! :w00t:

I did everything exactly like James told me to do, also i took it all apart so i could get Deck 2´s idler wheel moving nicely. It was bit stuck and hadn´t moved a lot. Now it´s much better. As i didn´t have silicone tubing, i bought some 2x4mm mains wires instead and used it´s isolation. Now it´s way better than before ! Worked out perfectly, but how does that APLD thing work ? I know how APSS work, just play and REW or FFWD, but it doesn´t seem to work on this one like that, but lights light up, although i´m too dumb to use something like that :lol:

Big-big thanks to the

jimmyjimmy19702010

!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :bow: :rock: :clap:

Now one GF-555 is again happily back on track. Here also some photos.

IMG_3286.JPG

(I covered horrible scuffs with that Liqui Moly "car guy" sticker :lol: ) IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Nice one, crazygamer. It's looking good so far, I wouldn't worry too much about the stickers unless they're hiding something nasty - in which case you can put your own stickers on.

You probably now have the biggest, meanest loudest BB in your district - how cool is that? :yes: :-D :lol:

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
In meanwhile, this particular box on the photos just stop working, it was quite unsalvageable as it has previously had so much problems with power board, it was missing a lot and wasn´t the best looking, but with help of our member Mom, i got a new and way better looking one ! :thumbsup: Everything works on this one, serviced the whole box and cleaned it, also replaced capstan wheel tubings. In my opinion, GF-555 is a really nice looking radio and quite underrated, not too bassy sounding, but it has looks and weighs like one good radio should.

Took also a photo of my other favourite box, the Aiwa CS-600.

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.