Saw this and I am confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
If it has a stereo amp all they need is a pair of coaxial speakers I mean it's not f****** rocket science you can buy 8 inch coaxial speakers on eBay.

Those bumpboxx woofers are f****** junk anyway any real amplifier would smoke those m************ inside a 5 Seconds.

If I was building something to sell to the public I could not build that ugly piece of s*** and sleep at night.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Transistorized said:
I would be interested to hear the effect this has on stereo sound. It has my curiosity up :-)
I doubt it even sounds like stereo unless those are full range drivers as opposed to woofers or worse, subwoofers. That’s because there’s more to stereo sound than 2 speakers... stereo sound is about separation. The better the separation, the greater the stereo sound effect. And like previously stated, high frequencies are more directional, whereas bassy sounds are not and radiate in every direction. So if you have subwoofers operating as stereo speakers 10” apart, those low frequencies are just going to mix up and jumbled together. The exception will be full range drivers which is very common in Boomboxes. Full range drivers DO produce the high frequencies that define stereo sound. But full range drivers simply aren’t capable of pounding really heavy bass which requires stiff cones, and stiff cones kills treble.

Helll I’m certain those guys read our forums and they should be sending me about a dozen of those things for FREE right about now on account of all the free education they are getting. Still they are apparently really poor students.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Considering that no Bumpboxx has ever had true subwoofers, you can bet those woofers are full-range (or at least bass + mids).

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
trippy1313 said:
Your DJ Techs have good FM reception? Mine is mediocre at best. I thought I remember others saying theirs were lackluster in that area.
Hey tripp, my DJ Tech's tuner works really really well, It easily picks up all the stations that my classics pick up :-)

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
SLO said:
Your DJ Techs have good FM reception? Mine is mediocre at best. I thought I remember others saying theirs were lackluster in that area.
Hey tripp, my DJ Tech's tuner works really really well, It easily picks up all the stations that my classics pick up :-)
Weird I'll have to look at the antenna. I can get the stations but they're all far from clear.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
You know, giving it a second look, I still dont like it, BUT... they easily could have put a tweeter behind the "b" and basically made the "b" a speaker grille and bezel. So it would still have the "b" but have the tweeter behind it. That would actually be kinda cool, even though it still looks odd

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Superduper said:
Two tweeters stacked on top of each other? Like, dare I say it, TWO on a tree, but Boombox style? Sheesh, still would be source of ridicule & critique.
Yeah it would, but at least there would be a slight separation of stereo sound.

Barb Bush

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2017
SoCal
For the Bumpboxx fans out there, has anyone thought about installing your own tweeters and disconnecting the tweeter in the middle? And if you are good with tuning speaker boxes, remove the single tweeter and install a low frequency port?

This design could work, shouldn't be that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.