Sanyo C15 radio issue: Help needed!

Nipo

Oct 28, 2022
Finland
Hey, thanks for tuning in to this thread!
:)

A little time ago I repaired this old Sanyo C15 boombox, the cassette player was not working on it.
I got the cassette player working but recently I found out that (I think at least), that the radio is not working correctly. It doesn't receive channels as it should. Upper up the FM band it receives a few channels but lower down none. I found out an odd thing about it, when you push the tuner selector button upwards in a specific position it receives the channels just as they should. Sometimes the trick works, sometimes not.

Does anyone here know anything about what may be causing the problem and/or how I could possibly fix it?
I'm not at all myself familiar how to fix the radio part of a boombox and thus I have no clue what is going on.
Is this something I could fix myself? Should I take a look inside? (If so, what should I look for?)

I've provided a short demonstration in video form here, linked to the thread. I hope it may help a little!

Kindest regards, Nipo.

Nipo

Oct 28, 2022
Finland
The switch contacts are dirty. You need to clean them with electronic cleaner. Open up box, spray cleaner into the switch, and work the switch to clean the internal contacts of oxidation.
Oh great! I'll try that! I was suspecting it was a contact problem earlier, but I wasn't really sure. Thank you for the advice! :)