RX-DT75 parts

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
Hi there!

I'm a new member from Dublin, Ireland. Just picked up an RX-DT75 for small money. It's not perfect but it works. I've cleaned it up inside and out. All functions work from the remote but several of the microswitches on the front of the unit no longer work. Does anyone know if parts are still available for these boxes? I'd like to either replace the broken microswitches if I can find replacements or if it was possible to buy the small circuit board with all the microswitches new.

Thanks!
Rob

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
Hi caution.

Thanks so much for the detailed info! I will purchase a handful of TL59AF160Q and replace the touch switches currently not working although I do think something else is up with the board the switches are attached to because sometimes pressing a button, such as deck 2 eject, causes another function to occur in this case deck 1 often opens instead. Another example of this is pressing CD eject will make the cobra top open/close. I've also noticed when the Cobra top is open and deck 1 or 2 eject is pressed, the cobra top closes first and then opens before the tape deck opens. The last issue is the cobra top makes an awful noise when closing. Is that a common issue? Sounds like a worn gear to me. Are replacement speakers readily available for the DT75 do you know?

Thanks again!

dubout

Member (SA)
Nov 19, 2020
Germany
I also have that problem with my little Cobra Top box that if I press one switch, another function gets executed. I always thought the switches are dirty, I press too hard and another switch gets pressed and reacts. Would be interesting if it really is something wrong with the board or if exchanging the switches solves the issue.

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
I also have that problem with my little Cobra Top box that if I press one switch, another function gets executed. I always thought the switches are dirty, I press too hard and another switch gets pressed and reacts. Would be interesting if it really is something wrong with the board or if exchanging the switches solves the issue.
I purchased a lot of 17 TL59AF160Q today here as recommened by caution - they are coming in from the U.S. so looks like it will be a couple of weeks before they will arrive. Will update here when I recieve them and swap out the broken switches.

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
If there is a plastic cover on the switch, then yes it will come off, if there is no plastic cover on them it will just need cleaning.....i have seen many of these switches with the covers on them but i'm unsure about this model .....is there any chance of some large clear pics, it will be difficult for me to see as i only have a laptop now and i'm partially sighted lol

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
I don't have the radio open anymore since I cleaned it initially - waiting to pick up some switch cleaner before I open it again but I did find this youtube clip:

Fast forward to 22:30:

1655288983264.png

This is how the 2 boards look on my unit - does this look like the switches have covers on them?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
those are just the switches ....the switches are in the video that you have posted...they are called micro switches and indeed do have the plastic covers on them...another name for them is leaf switch

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
fastforward to 830 you will see them....seen as you have already bought the switches caution recommended i would use them....those leaf switches are buggers though, i have been cleaning them for years, if they are dirty nothing will work

Last edited:

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
fastforward to 830 you will see them....seen as you have already bought the switches caution recommended i would use them....those leaf switches are buggers though, i have been cleaning them for years, if they are dirty nothing will work
What are the leaf switches actually used for? Tape deck operation? If they weren't working correctly, would they affect the operation of other buttons such as cd open/close, cobra top open/close, power, volume etc?

CTRob84

Jun 13, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
BTW I used eletrical contact cleaner on all the micro-switches and resoldered a couple of them. Some have come back to life but there are some stubborn ones (volume down and power for example) which still don't work so my plan is to replace these mirco-switches and go from there.

AlexB

Dec 19, 2022
World
Hello, everyone. I hope I can find some help here, which I would really appreciate. I need two plastic parts for my DT75: the battery cover on the remote control, and the CD tray ornament. I bought an DT75, ”for parts”, and with some work and few spares can become a really nice boombox, again. The unit had a cracked front case, which I managed to glue, a missing ornament on the front part of the CD tray, and the missing cover on the battery compartment of the remote control. I searched everywhere on internet, but didn't find any of these. If for the ornament, I could try to improvise something, then for that remote control, the piece of black duct tape I found holding the batteries into the remote control, when received the package is not a solution.
So, if anybody has any suggestion I would much appreciate. Thanks.