Rising SRC-2015 couple of questions

HE3R0

Jan 23, 2021
Krakow
I've started dissassembly of my 2020 box as tape is not working, i have to replace belts, 2*square 5" and one dlat 9" if i remember correctly, but...
Somebody was doing something with it before (could be the reason i've fot it for free) so rubber idler is nonexistant, what size should i source? Any suggested replacement? (Aiwa, Akai,Pioneer??)
Also there is a loos wire that I'm bit concerned about, end of it seems like fell off the back of UV meter shielding? As only there i've found similar copper "fitting" perhaps somebody knows where it should be located?

Any info appreciated.
Thanks
Maciej20210125_201618.jpg20210125_201550.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The wire with the copper o-ring on it looks like it goes to the antenna it's coming off the tuner board and it has that o-ring on it to connect to the antenna . I would look at the antennas and see what kind of connector goes to them if it's just a screw then that wire probably goes there.

Reactions: HE3R0

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
When you say rubber idler, what do you mean? Pinch Roller or another tyre on a wheel? If you mean pinch roller, I would try a standard 13mm, you can order some from ebay 12.5-13mm with different whole sizes for the pins. If you mean the tyres on the wheels, you can replace them with a thick rubber belt.

HE3R0

Jan 23, 2021
Krakow
When you say rubber idler, what do you mean? Pinch Roller or another tyre on a wheel? If you mean pinch roller, I would try a standard 13mm, you can order some from ebay 12.5-13mm with different whole sizes for the pins. If you mean the tyres on the wheels, you can replace them with a thick rubber belt.
Idler as the tyre on the wheel behind metal shield visible on picture(marked blue-ish) , pinch roller (one on the bottom) seems to be healthy, just needs a bit of IPA treatment, thanks for info :)

20210126_105335.jpg

HE3R0

Jan 23, 2021
Krakow
The wire with the copper o-ring on it looks like it goes to the antenna it's coming off the tuner board and it has that o-ring on it to connect to the antenna . I would look at the antennas and see what kind of connector goes to them if it's just a screw then that wire probably goes there.
For some reason I missed to look in there, but when i've examinrled it from outside, it looks like somebody was playing with antenna mounting bracket, (well it is missing one antenna) so that's probably what it is, once I'll start the disassembly for cleaning, I'll be able to reattach it in there :)

Thank you :)

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Idler as the tyre on the wheel behind metal shield visible on picture(marked blue-ish) , pinch roller (one on the bottom) seems to be healthy, just needs a bit of IPA treatment, thanks for info :)

View attachment 51134
You can buy thick tyre belts from ebay of different sizes and can neatly cut to size and glue. A slight gap or slight anomaly on the tyre can be filled or sanded carefully and will not impact the working of it.

HE3R0

Jan 23, 2021
Krakow
You can buy thick tyre belts from ebay of different sizes and can neatly cut to size and glue. A slight gap or slight anomaly on the tyre can be filled or sanded carefully and will not impact the working of it.
That's reassuring news. I was affraid that it has to be perfect in diameter etc. But as I'm looking into mechanism it seems that it is responsible for fast forward/rewind, and spooling tape, so pretty much just picing a slack after pinch roller pushes the tape. (Too big could cause too much strain on tape and stretching, but i'm not going to use tape with it too much)

Thank you :)