Realisstic SCR8 power issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Replaced the main IC again after pluggin in phono leads into the external speaker phonos caused it to burn.

headphones gives full audio left and right but main speakers no audio in right speaker.

Superduper

Member (SA)
docs said:
Thanks guys, managed to restore deck power by checking the deck mechanism and resetting it then replacing the 2.2ohm resistor.
Now onto the sound missing in right channel issue lol
Sheesh. Anything else?

Replaced the main IC again after pluggin in phono leads into the external speaker phonos caused it to burn.

headphones gives full audio left and right but main speakers no audio in right speaker.
Either blown speaker, or the headphone (or ext speaker) jacks is not making proper contact.
This because the headphone AND speakers both, gets their signal directly from the headphone (and ext speaker) jack.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I used the audio tool to check along the path where audio gets to and it is getting all the way to the 3 wire lead which goes to the speaker board and is in both channels. When that wire is then connected to the speaker board, there is no audio on the right speaker wire on the mainboard anymore.
Tracing backwards, theres nothing on pin 7 on IC103, yet the audio is there once the speaker wire is unplugged again. I guess there is a short somewhere...

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I think so yes, testing ohms across speaker when disconnected is 0.6 as opposed to 3 on the other. Many thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.