Rare? Citizen Ghettobalaster - What's it worth ?

Superduper

Member (SA)
I think it's essentially a JVC RC-M80. I wouldn't pay that asking price, although honestly I haven't priced or even looked at buying boomboxes in many years so maybe that's the trend. I do think it's rare (worldwide) because it's basically a Canadian domestic only model. So common (enough) if you are in Canada, rare everywhere else, and good luck if you need to service it. I did try to buy one many years ago from a Canadian seller and don't know what happened but it didn't happen. If I recall it was less than $200 back then. After that, never saw another one.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
These are bigger than the M80. They do seem to have copied some of the controls though.

Superduper

Member (SA)
These are bigger than the M80. They do seem to have copied some of the controls though.
It’s wider but that’s just a function of the shell. The copy or similarity I speak of has more to do with the roving led dot tuner, which we all know how unique the M80 is. However since we can’t really find these here in the states, I probably won’t ever be able to peek inside and compare the tuner and deck to see if those are oem’d or copied from jvc.