quick question

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Don't sand it lad, doing so will end badly!!
If all else fails, send it to me for a new roller to be fitted! The only way to go, you can't repair a pinch roller once it 'Barrels' & it will wreck the tape as it makes it wander up & down the capstan shaft creasing & damaging the tape!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Nickeccles said:
If all else fails, send it to me for a new roller to be fitted! The only way to go, you can't repair a pinch roller once it 'Barrels' & it will wreck the tape as it makes it wander up & down the capstan shaft creasing & damaging the tape!
someone is trying to fit a new roller this week lad, he managed to get the old one off easily lol
shame on me

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Rimmer36 said:
someone is trying to fit a new roller this week lad, he managed to get the old one off easily lol
shame on me
I should a specified 3000 grit sandpaper , that way you dont scratch up the spindle.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
My tapes might as well be spaghetti noodles on reels lol.
Was it the 970 that was acting up ?.
it was but without docs great work and the new roller this deck was farked, a big thanks to docs and all at Boomboxery, and lastly to you floyd for you're offer of rollers and you're support of me and this great forum :-) :w00t: :bow: :thumbsup:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
about 3 years in the making brother :-) all i need now is an original crown door like that will ever be found lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
that may be difficult lad, i cant see anyone wanting to post there outer door lol....im just so glad it works, id say this is rarer than a bb40