Quick electronic fidgeting: Aiwa display lamp

Serranian

Aug 2, 2021
France
Hi guys!

So, after the Crown restoration I looked upon my long list of pending project for something quick and easy, and I've picked this one: an Aiwa promotional display intended for retailers that I bought a couple of months ago.

IMG_20210805_165053.jpg

It was quite heavy due to the components inside: a power transformer, a power output regulator and ofc the neon light. The light wasn't that bright and the power unit was buzzing, so I decided to just dump the old components and put some LED strap inside. Now it's a bit brighter, doesn't buzz, probably use a lot less power and have an ON/OFF switch. Like any proper lamp.

IMG_20210805_165153.jpgIMG_20210805_165227.jpg

Here we go, I have my Aiwa bedroom display now. It's a brand I really like, since I had a couple of Aiwa walkmans in my teenage years. I wish I could find a good Aiwa boombox someday :breakdance:

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
Hi guys!

So, after the Crown restoration I looked upon my long list of pending project for something quick and easy, and I've picked this one: an Aiwa promotional display intended for retailers that I bought a couple of months ago.

View attachment 52901

It was quite heavy due to the components inside: a power transformer, a power output regulator and ofc the neon light. The light wasn't that bright and the power unit was buzzing, so I decided to just dump the old components and put some LED strap inside. Now it's a bit brighter, doesn't buzz, probably use a lot less power and have an ON/OFF switch. Like any proper lamp.

View attachment 52902View attachment 52903

Here we go, I have my Aiwa bedroom display now. It's a brand I really like, since I had a couple of Aiwa walkmans in my teenage years. I wish I could find a good Aiwa boombox someday :breakdance:

Last edited: