Questions about the Magnavox D8443

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
OK, OK, OK....That didn't take long....

I have to say....I freakin' like this thing....

It's size is good.

The look is OMINOUS!

The build quality ain't bad (regardless of the sound)

And the sound ain't that bad....

RADIO'S THAT ARE WORSE THAN THE MAGNAVOX D8443:

Toshiba BomBeat RT-S84
GPX-990
Sanyo M-W1
Trident DX-6000
SR-2100

the list can go on and on and on...

I actually like this thing....

TIME TO CUT IT UP! :devil:

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
These are all low end boxes you listed, they should sound average since they were made :lol: D8443 was a good idea by Philips but keeping it cheap and affordable also took it´s toll. A nice looking one with lot of potential. I put the volume button all the way to the maximum and it still sounded really shy. Good luck with that Maggy ! :w00t: :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I never thought I'd see Chris raving about the performance of the D8443! :-)

Ha ha ha....

Well, I have never even seen one of these in person. As I look around my collection, I have radios that have unique features but crappy sound and THEY made the cut to be cleaned and kept, so why not this one.

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Ha ha ha....

Well, I have never even seen one of these in person. As I look around my collection, I have radios that have unique features but crappy sound and THEY made the cut to be cleaned and kept, so why not this one.
It's one box I miss in my collection :yes: if nothing else it looks the bizz :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I gotta disagree my GPX 990 outslams a maggy any day.

Well, maybe it was just my 990, it was horrific when I got it. It did have non factory speakers in it

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I love this model Boombox I have 3 myself. These sound quite good at low to mid volumes I think the low bass is better than most boxes but the overall sound not the best but hell I use mine a lot so I think it's kicks ass for normal use .its crappy compared to boxes that cost a lot more money.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I love this model Boombox I have 3 myself. These sound quite good at low to mid volumes I think the low bass is better than most boxes but the overall sound not the best but hell I use mine a lot so I think it's kicks ass for normal use .its crappy compared to boxes that cost a lot more money.

Hell ya and I got a gray one from you I think back in 2009 when we were all on S2G 👍👍👍👍

Bad Boy Bill

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
Yep, you nailed it, at low to mid volumes the sound isn't bad....but then again, who the hell listen's at low volume :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.