Project 8585

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
It's looking pretty good and all the dust, grime and pen marks will easily be removed. I can't see any gouges, dents, cracks or worn lettering so you should be on the way to a winner. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Reactions: c bank

c bank

Member (SA)
Dec 4, 2017
Manchester UK
MyOhMy said:
It's looking pretty good and all the dust, grime and pen marks will easily be removed. I can't see any gouges, dents, cracks or worn lettering so you should be on the way to a winner. Good Luck! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: cheers man !

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
I just acquired an 8585. Wasn't a box I was ever really all that interested in, but the price was too good to pass up. I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised with how good these things sound, and they look pretty sharp too. I will definitely be following along with your restoration project here.

8585.jpg

Reactions: c bank

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
They sure look pretty sharp, i see what you did there :D

I think they are underrated little boxes that look cool :thumbsup:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
JVC Floyd said:
Damn that's a nice looking boombox . I never really paid any attention to these before .
usually mine look like shiat even after I clean em lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MyOhMy said:
I agree with ya Christine, should shine up like a new penny ... by the way c bank ... our beloved MyOhMy is a Wo-man Lol, keep the pictures coming, and good luck with the rest of the clean up :-D

1986GLH

Member (SA)
May 2, 2016
WI
T-STER said:
They sure look pretty sharp, i see what you did there :D

I think they are underrated little boxes that look cool :thumbsup:
I was wondering if anybody would catch that! :-)

c bank

Member (SA)
Dec 4, 2017
Manchester UK
Not done much with the Sharp over the last couple of weeks.... due to the cold weather !
Working indoors even with a window open .. and the rubbing alcahol stinks out the house for 3 days. So once the weather warms up I can work outdoors.
I have done some further work on the case, the chrome control knobs have cleaned up like new (pics later) also did a small test patch to see if I could improve the swirling and general dullness of the plastic frequency window. Also I removed and cleaned up the aerials. I May have found a suitable replacement for the left hand side.
Progress is slow but there's no rush to finish :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.