Plantation1149 Is Totally Dishonest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I bought a M-90 from plantation1149 and paid promptly and then 1 day later he said he couldn't sell it as it was his brothers!! He stated local pick up or I can take it to your shipper. He didn't and then refunds my $ and I wanted the Boombox. What a dishonest jerk!! :(

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Some scrub probably made him a secret offer. In fact it was probably someone on here. :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It really blows man! :thumbsdown:

You did say he took the radio to the shipper, right? I probably would have just paid the shipping fees too and been good, but we all don't have enough money sometimes (like the time I had to pass on a $500 GOLD Conion C100!).

Such a cheap M90 to let slip through to save a couple dollars. Maybe he realized the original price of $125 was more than fair and couldn't believe you talked him down more and wanted him to run around and find a shipper and wait 2 days to get paid! :-D :smooch:

I'm just bust'n your chops a little, but I just noticed that your offer/conversation is at the bottom of the old listing LOL.

Keep your eyes open for the next one! :cool:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
JustCruisin said:
I kinda feel bad for this seller.. They got a negative feedback from a "local pickup only" sale, and also an $8 vinyl album..?
I saw that too. You can clearly see pen marking on the cover dead center on the front in the picture...... sucks. :thumbsdown:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
JustCruisin said:
I kinda feel bad for this seller.. They got a negative feedback from a "local pickup only" sale, and also an $8 vinyl album..?
This was not a local pick up only!! it stated or I can take it to your shipper!! It also said payment must be made in 4 days,I paid in less than 2!!
I did everything by the book,quit making me out to be the bad guy here!!! :thumbsdown: :nonono:
I dont feel bad for someone who jerks me around like this!!
Also if someone did buy this out from me you can **** OFF!!!!!

duckman

Member (SA)
Oct 30, 2014
Dead Center, Manitoba, Canada
Almost sounds like that is what happened, the 'after sale offer'. We deal with that a lot up here on local sales, as in where I have actually spoken to seller and made arrangements to pick up an item only to be called on my way there that someone offered more . WTF?

I feel for ya 'as that is just wrong in no uncertain terms! Damn C**K-blockers!

Got an item # for the M90? I cannot seem to find it in completed or sold items.

duckman

Member (SA)
Oct 30, 2014
Dead Center, Manitoba, Canada
Reli said:
Sucks, but happens all the time. Gotta be quick.
Thanks for link.

Quick? But my Pinto only goes so fast!

Yes, happens far too often. Once the deal is done tho, it should be honoured.

Looks like a case of seller didn't know what he had, and got a quick tutorial form another party. A few forums on this in various audio sites, but mostly before deal is sealed.

Seller doesn't have the best record however.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Its just a really bad deal. Sucks to even hear about it.

Time to get ready for the next one! It will come your way! Wasn't trying to stir anything up I just couldn't understand how it fell apart.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
jeff - in you first post you said he couldnt sell it bc it was his brothers -

well maybe thats bs or maybe not ?
but if you still REALLY want it --then make him or his bro a legit // serious $$ offer that INCLUDES
pak-mail packing and shipping and insurance-
---
never hurts to try a bit harder

Styleking

Member (SA)
Mar 16, 2011
Boston, MA.
A deal is a deal! Screw that! The guy has sold over 5000 items and decides to sell something that doesn't belong to him??? Super shady! Shiat List we have a new name! :thumbsdown:

btw What really sucks is aside from the grime, it looked like it would clean up nicely.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
I wouldn't sweat it man, with all that heavy corrosion, that M90 looks like it came off the deck of a fishing trawler.

Hope you have better luck with your next M90 - remember, they sold shed loads of the bloody things back in the day!

James... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.