Pioneer SK-95 Speaker Wire Polarity

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi,just got done putting my tape belt back on the reels as it slipped off somehow. Seems fairly good shape and not to loose.
Got it all back together but I feel I goofed up on maybe 1 speaker,I think I got the + and - switched around.

On one side there’s a red &black and stupid me forgot which one went where.
The speaker has polarity on it so I connected the red to the positive and black to the negative.
I think that’s right?
Does anyone have a photo or could tell me what goes where.
I do forget some stupid little things sometimes.

these are wired boom boxes,back comes off the front which takes finagling then you can get at everything.
I’d appreciate any help on this!

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
You should replace the belts as they will stretch when used. You can check the speaker Polarity by sound if incorrect the bass will be much less
, use balance control to check each speaker then when both work the low frequency response will increase.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Hopey,thanks for that,I was in too much of a hurry and forgot to take a photo of the speaker leads before I detached the leafs or at least I should have wrote it down.

so I took the back off and checked the right speaker which is accessible without removing the front. I saw that the red lead was on the + and the black was on the negative,so I switched them around and bam-all great sound again now.
When one switches the polarity on a speaker the unit goes out of ‘phase’!

id think that the positive would have been the red lead but black is positive sometimes as well,kind of forgot about that. I’m happy it’s booming again and the bass is back. Thanks.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I did check belts yesterday,they’re very snug and all seem to be in good shape,I do believe these were replaced sometime. They’re quite tight.