Pioneer sk-900

Brady673

May 19, 2021
Hawaii
Hello guys, I'm needing some info and a estimated price range for this boombox I have here. It's a pioneer sk-900 the radio works fine but the cassette deck function buttons don't light up or anything (plan on getting them working) the only flaws are the right volume knob is missing and you gotta fiddle with the slider to get the right speaker to work also the eject button is missing but you can still eject using the metal tab inside. I'm wanting the range these boomboxes sell for or have sold for.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
We’re a friendly welcoming group but we’re not a free valuation service lol. If you wanna sell it just stick it on eBay, it’ll sell for what it’s worth if you do a decent listing.

Superduper

Member (SA)
I’ve seen them low, under $200. I’ve seen them high >$500+. Replacement parts are non existent, especially hardware like knobs & buttons so that’s a big deal for collectors. No collector wants to use a screwdriver to eject a tape, when another boombox doesn’t have that issue. From a utilitarian point of view, a cassette radio can be obtained for $20 at goodwill thrift so it’s value is in its condition & collectibility. Folks here are buyers and sellers. If we buy, we want to pay as little as possible. When we sell, we think it’s the most valuable thing this side of Indiana Jones vault. How can any member give you an unbiased opinion when we are clearly invested? Bottom line is that eBay sold listings are the only objective valuation & if there isn’t enough sold listings, then just offer for $1 as a straight auction. It definitely will sell for more than that & probably will end up selling for its true market value.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I agree with Norm...when I list boxes on eBay I always list them with a £1 start, no reserve, and no buy it now price. Deciding a value is nigh on impossible so I always let the market decide...that is the very definition of a financial value; what someone is prepared to pay for it that day. Anything else is wild speculation.