Picture wanted of led plate for SCR-8

Pothoel

Jan 25, 2022
Idaho
Hey all, first post here. Just picked up a "broken" SCR-8 is really good cosmetic condition for $10 at an electronics "thrift" store. The tape deck system just needed pulled out of the chassis and cleaned and made unstuck from lack of use, so I got it all up and working in short order, super stoked it wasn't anything more serious. It doesn't have the LED plate of course, so I'm thinking if someone has one with the plate, if I could get a hi-res photo taken of it, I could make up a thick vinyl decal to install. Thanks in advance! PXL_20220125_223532505.MP.jpg

Pothoel

Jan 25, 2022
Idaho
Everything is working on this unit except for the ASMS in fast forward mode. ASMS works in rewind mode...wish it was just the opposite, but I'll see if I can get it working in the FF mode. What a fun box this is!

Well, spoke too soon, ASMS is working both directions now!

Last edited:

Pothoel

Jan 25, 2022
Idaho
I did find the record function is being a little bitchy. That arm and coil spring that the deck moves to engage takes so much pressure, the deck lever jams when trying to move that arm the 1/4-3/8" needed to turn on the record function. That's an interesting way they chose to engage the recording function, gotta love the 80's. I just took that arm out for now since I don't need to record and don't want to hit record inadvertantly and have to unjam the mechanism, but I would like to figure out why it's jamming up.

Pothoel

Jan 25, 2022
Idaho
Have a look at the blockbuster deck fixes on this site. They use identical decks.
Thanks Docs, will do. I've seen your responses on how to fix these old boomboxes all over the internet now that I'm digging around, thanks for the tip!