** Personal Grail National RX-C45 found at last! **

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMcBlaster

Member (SA)
Jan 19, 2014
Brisbane,Australia
Thank god there's only 4 of us locally (that I'm aware of).....no room for any others next year in what's sounding like it'll be the great Brisbane Boombox Battle of 2015 LOL ;)

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
MrMcBlaster said:
Thank god there's only 4 of us locally (that I'm aware of).....no room for any others next year in what's sounding like it'll be the great Brisbane Boombox Battle of 2015 LOL ;)
I guarantee there are a few lurkers out there doing their best to outgun us at every turn!

Game on, I say!

James.... :-)

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Thanks mate, I assumed you'd have one or more of these!

Wow, any chance of a pic of the Japanese domestic version?

I think you mean the C52s. I've always wanted a C52 for that super smooth, piano style finish and that cool logic deck. Do you have a C45 to do a sound comparison? I've never heard a C52 but if they sound like a C45, I will definately try and get one!!

Most of the time you see a C45 on Ebay, the photos show wires hanging out of the speaker boxes! :-)

We're all different and so are a personal grails!

Yes I meant C52. I've got a C53 on the way and had it on my mind. Funnily enough the National version I have in the pic is from Australia. I obsessed about them for a while. They really are a class compo. I've only heard a C45 but not owned one. I have got a C41 and a C39 and they all punch above their weight. The belts tend to last longer than other brands too?!

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Mystic Traveller said:
Yep, sure, nearly missed your comment. :)
Here we go:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
Wow, that red does look cool. It's interesting to see the differences between the Japanese domestic model and the Aussie National version:

The Aussie version has a 4 band tuner, stereo/mono switch instead of Equaliser on/off, mix level knob on Japanese model but missing on the Aussie one. Also the Aussie version doesn't have phono in.

Thanks for posting those pics!

James..... :-)

Mystic Traveller

Member (SA)
Jul 28, 2014
St. Petersburg, Russia - Oxford, GB
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Thanks for posting those pics!

James..... :-)
James, you are welcome. :)
Yep, Japanese domestic market is quite indeed interesting - apart from models which were produced solely for the internal market having no outside analogues at all
other ones might differ from their "external" brothers/sisters - all those Karaoke things, tons of mixers, etc.
I have domestic Japanese National RX-C46 which has a kind of unique feature specific for Japan - ON AIR setting.
That's as you might know the inbuilt FM transmitter - you can transmit music from tape/line in and listen to it on other FM radio. :yes:

Peat

Oct 28, 2016
I have just scored one and after reading your posting I have a tech question. The mono switch is playing up on mine, it won't play stereo from the cassette but only mono. Is it a case of just cleaning the switch?

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Great box...get an rx 60 it's even better and has real tweeters instead of those pizo things...congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.