Paying for professional restoration

JVCRCM70L

Aug 15, 2020
UK
Hi everyone I don't think I've posted in a forum for over 15years. I am posting here as I feel I have no other option.
I have my dad's old JVC RC M70L (UK Version) radio cassette recorder.

It was amazing, I say it was my dad's but I think I pretty much used it for 70 percent of the time during the 80's and then even took it to uni in the early 90's.

I long forgot about it but as I reach middle aged fatherhood myself I feel nostalgic about my own youth and things I used from that era. This item represents that. It's in almost mint condition, a bit dusty and a few problems.

MY QUESTION : Is there anyone on here who I can pay to do a full restoration?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Im north Manchester, I could service but you need to bear in mind that these often need some little attention or gain new issues, especially if not used for a little while.
What are the issues you are experiencing?

Reactions: baddboybill

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I would like to add that if you can persuade Docs away from his large queue to restore your box I would do it. He's great with these old boxes and a gent to deal with.

Reactions: baddboybill

JVCRCM70L

Aug 15, 2020
UK
OK, this is a very friendly environment I have encountered, I am slightly taken aback. Thank you for writing responses so fast. The deck is in one of my boxes packed away and I recall there being a few issues before I put it away. I will have to get it out and note all the problems. I have 2 school aged sons and my life no longer belongs to me, but I really want to finally have on display something from my own childhood which reminds me of more golden time when I used to buy records from HMV, record to D90's then SA90's then MA-X (the highest I ever went before CD-R's and MiniDisc came about).

The deck also reminds me of my parents who are still around but they listened to it a lot and my friends would always be in awe of this deck. I never could understand why as whilst it was amazing, it was normal for us.

Almost 40 years later, I realise my dad knew quality and so desire is to have this fully functioning.

I will return here with a note of all the things which were wrong, (top it my head, the volume sliders didn't reach each end, tape eject shot out and the tape counter was buggered), but who knows what other problems have developed over the last decade or so since it's been stored..!