Panasonic RX-FT570 belts

Citrax

Feb 29, 2024
UK
Hi

I've just picked up a Panasonic RX-FT570 with disintegrated squashy belts. Unfortunately I've been unable to work out the belt routing on the playback only side.
Would anyone have a diagram or photo for the belt routing please. I've downloaded the service manual but I can't figure out the routing from that.

TIA

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I tried to make sense of it too, and it's tough.
The second image I found elsewhere. It only shows the right deck (left deck if looking from behind) but perhaps it will help.

If you're looking for belts, I found official sizes for all four, but only two of them I could find PRB codes for - belts 210 and 211.
The belt sizes with asterisks are close matches I found.
For belt 106, an SCY5.0 has same cross section, but a smidge smaller. An SCX5.1 is the ideal circumference, but has a slightly larger cross section.

106 = RFB117ZA = SBS5.1 or SCX5.1*
107 = RFB118ZA = SBO6.6 or SCY6.7*
210 = RFB112ZA = SBM6.5 or SCQ6.5
211 = RFB119ZA = SBO10.2 or SCY10.2

PRB belt codes (the first code listed) differ in cross section depending on their circumference.
Non-PRB codes (the second code listed) all have the same cross section regardless of circumference.
All SBO belts are 1mm x 1mm thick
SCY6.7 belts are 0.9mm x 0.9mm thick
SCY10.2 belts are 0.8mm x 0.9mm thick
All SBS belts and SCX5.1 belts are 1.2mm x 1.2mm thick
All SBM belts and SCQ6.5 belts are 1.6mm x 1.6mm thick

I also see a couple of belt kits (here and here) if you want to go that route.

Citrax

Feb 29, 2024
UK
I tried to make sense of it too, and it's tough.
The second image I found elsewhere. It only shows the right deck (left deck if looking from behind) but perhaps it will help.

If you're looking for belts, I found official sizes for all four, but only two of them I could find PRB codes for - belts 210 and 211.
The belt sizes with asterisks are close matches I found.
For belt 106, an SCY5.0 has same cross section, but a smidge smaller. An SCX5.1 is the ideal circumference, but has a slightly larger cross section.

106 = RFB117ZA = SBS5.1 or SCX5.1*
107 = RFB118ZA = SBO6.6 or SCY6.7*
210 = RFB112ZA = SBM6.5 or SCQ6.5
211 = RFB119ZA = SBO10.2 or SCY10.2

PRB belt codes (the first code listed) differ in cross section depending on their circumference.
Non-PRB codes (the second code listed) all have the same cross section regardless of circumference.
All SBO belts are 1mm x 1mm thick
SCY6.7 belts are 0.9mm x 0.9mm thick
SCY10.2 belts are 0.8mm x 0.9mm thick
All SBS belts and SCX5.1 belts are 1.2mm x 1.2mm thick
All SBM belts and SCQ6.5 belts are 1.6mm x 1.6mm thick

I also see a couple of belt kits (here and here) if you want to go that route.
Thanks for your reply. I eventually worked it out to the same diagram as you posted. I'm getting lots of distortion when playing which I suspect is because the largest of the belts is actually too tight, or the smaller one too loose. I'll have another go with what I have available and if it doesn't sort it I'll take a look at ordering alternative ones. I've just done a vintage sanyo unit which is playing well. Thankfully the belts on that had dried out and fallen apart rather than turned to mush like the Panasonic belts. Even with IPA (not the beer) I'm struggling to get everything clean. I spent several hours yesterday with IPA AND cotton buds and finally got everything gunk free.