On this day....11 years ago

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Eleven years ago, gsbadbmr said "You should check out this new boombox forum called boomboxery". I thought WTF?

I was literally floored to see these maniacs with massive collections of radios. The second I did, I knew, "I WANT TO WALL PAPER MY HOUSE IN RADIOS". I also knew there was no possible way to do it without the support of this community. How would one find radios? How would one find parts? How would one do repairs?

I had no idea I would find a home and a global network of friends. I had no idea I would meet so many people, face to face. But I have traveled the globe doing just that. Collecting radios, shaking hands, toasting beers and cranking music.

The attached picture does not represent my full collection, which is nearing the 100 mark, but it does show 11 years of passion.

Thank you to everyone in the boombox community for everything over the years. YOU ROCK! Peace!

Attachments

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yeh there’s a lot of side bonuses to collecting radios and meeting some great people is definitely part of it. Hope we can meet up again some time in 2021...it’s been too long

Reactions: autoreverser

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Right on Chris, this site and it's members are outstanding. If it's knowledge you seek, you shall find it here. I thought I was in a minority of oddball collectors, but Boomboxery proved me wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

Because you brought up gsbadbmr, I'd like to say I miss Gordie and our conversations about Canada, C100's and vacations

Take care all, stay healthy!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Time flies man! Chris, you have been right next to me on our blaster journey and it's been awesome. Glad to have ya here.

Hey, put up that vid of the boombox that didn't have any corners?

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I'm proud to call Chris a brother from another mother I still have the things I got from Chris years ago and I treasure them everyday because I use them and I think about where they come from. gordy is another brother you couldn't ask for a nicer guy.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Time flies man! Chris, you have been right next to me on our blaster journey and it's been awesome. Glad to have ya here.

Hey, put up that vid of the boombox that didn't have any corners?
And I've gotten a lot of laughs and entertainment and some good trades out over the years from you too Joe.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Floyd, you've saved my ass on a few projects I won't forget either!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Chris, you've come a long way, especially with your modding skills!
Looking forward to seeing a vid of the entire collection!
I feel sorry for the movers who will eventually need to pack all of it up, lol

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Guys, I feel the same way about you all and this site. No possible way to have amassed my collection, in the manor that I did. Sure, it's totally possible to buy boxes off eBay and there is nothing wrong with that. The path I chose was to get them cheap and build them up and the ONLY WAY that was possible was through meeting the collectors and making that connection (and try not to piss them off :lol: which I sometimes have)

I still look at what I've got and just think "DAYMN".

Not sure what the future will bring, but either way, it will always include a big ass blaster and 10 D's! PEACE!