New member with a beginner's collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squablow

Member (SA)
I'll have to check again, but I think the Sampo box does have shortwave, (center of the RH stack), pretty sure none of the others do though. My girlfriend picked that one up for me at a church rummage sale for $1. She's cool with my collecting, she's good like that.

The Curtis Mathes was bought at the buy-by-the-pound Goodwill but they had it price tagged and off to the side, I think it was $8 You can see one of the little screws that holds the plastic plate over the dial indicator is missing, that's why it's slightly askew. I hate to just put a regular hardware store screw in there but I might have to.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments and responses. I'll be sure to update this thread when I find new stuff. I hit some rummage sales this weekend but came up empty so far.

Squablow

Member (SA)
Haven't found much this summer, I saw this one at a thrift store but they were using it and didn't want to sell it, it was super mint shape, bummed me out that it couldn't be bought.

20170812_105126.jpg

I did buy this little cassette thing at the Goodwill by-the-pound store, anyone know what it is? Looks portable but kinda big and bulky, is this a pre-Walkman portable tape player? I also got the little mini box just because I thought it was neat looking and probably only cost me like 50 cents.

20170706_204110.jpg

20170706_204121.jpg

20170706_204102.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Ha ha, I remember that last one, it was a freebie with several mail-order offers.

What's the one on the bottom of the left stack?

Squablow

Member (SA)
Bottom left on the stack is a Curtis Mathes, I guess it's an AKA of a Goldstar but I don't know the model number. Kind of a neat oddball, it's missing one of the little machine screws that holds the dial face on but I picked it up at Goodwill for $8 so I can't complain.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Bottom left on the stack is a Curtis Mathes, I guess it's an AKA of a Goldstar but I don't know the model number. Kind of a neat oddball, it's missing one of the little machine screws that holds the dial face on but I picked it up at Goodwill for $8 so I can't complain.
Ah yes, Curtis Mathes JX-500 (aka Goldstar TSR-900)

Status
Not open for further replies.