New mega boom room on its way! :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Well there are probably 150 to go in already...and a dozen vintage bicycles...and vintage gaming stuff...and an arcade machine...a few one armed bandits...a pinball machine...a jukebox...etc etc

Mmm maybe I need a bigger barn 🤔

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
This sounds like an exciting adventure Si. Keep us posted on the progression and take lots of pics.

If only you had some means of playing some tunes during the work..... :hmmm: :hmmm: :-P

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Go with a steel building , basically once you pour the slab you can have it up in no time and much cheaper than a wooden building.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Trust me a steel buildings is the way to go , if I could go back in time I could have had a bad ass steel building that's a hella lot more fire resistance than what I have now.

The metal roof last a lifetime the only thing is you have to ground the roof and the building with heavy awg wire and at least an 8 foot ground rod.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yep I’m planning on a steel frame as I want big and airy and I don’t want to accidentally burn it down. Function is far more important to me than aesthetics plus this is a farming area so a steel agricultural barn is a common sight. I’ll probably get someone to do the structure then I’ll do the fun part of fitting it out. All depends on cost, though once we sell the existing house I’ll have enough no worries

im_alan_partridge said:
You could actually start housing a few retro cars in a plot that big :yes:
You read my mind. Never restored a car but always s wanted to :-)

JT Techno

Member (SA)
May 10, 2014
Hampshire, UK
Wowsers - I've been away from here for a bit and things have moved on somewhat - a boombarn - looking forward to seeing progress on this! How's it going Si? Long time, no speak! :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
JT Techno said:
Wowsers - I've been away from here for a bit and things have moved on somewhat - a boombarn - looking forward to seeing progress on this! How's it going Si? Long time, no speak! :-)
Wow hi Jon, thought you’d died or been abducted by aliens! Lol. Good to see you back :-)

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
T-STER said:
Of course there won't be any boom room at all. Come on Si, you can tell us -- you already have the blueprint for the B-box district :w00t:
Sal !!!! Hope you're well bro :-D :-D
Hi Tre, yeah I may disappear at times, but I always bounce back! :w00t:

Brutus442 said:
Of course there won't be any boom room at all. Come on Si, you can tell us -- you already have the blueprint for the B-box district :w00t:
The Italian connection returns!

Sal, you've been missed my friend...welcome home! :thumbsup:
Thanks my dear dear friend, I'm alive and kickin', and I'm back! :-)

Northerner said:
Boomboxville?...got a nice ring to it

Hi Sal! :-)
The Boomboxville Project, yeah! Here's a quick guide to its development :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeyLdaEu96M

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
I am so happy for 2 reasons i read this post .
1st one is for seeing a post like this from you Simon :)
The Neverland of boomboxes must be a dream come true.
and 2nd one for seeing the return of my dear friend Salvatore.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Rimmer36 said:
you can sell it when it's done as a boombox theme park haha, from rags to riches not bad si ehh
I think I might want to stay here until they carry me out in a box. Then they can open it to the public in a Graceland styley :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Just be careful you don't end up loving the garage more than the house lol. My advice if you can afford it is put in a bathroom . also skylights in the roof you will thank me later lol .

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
JVC Floyd said:
Just be careful you don't end up loving the garage more than the house lol. My advice if you can afford it is put in a bathroom . also skylights in the roof you will thank me later lol .
Yeh there’s a real danger that’ll happen lol

JT Techno

Member (SA)
May 10, 2014
Hampshire, UK
Northerner said:
Wow hi Jon, thought you’d died or been abducted by aliens! Lol. Good to see you back :-)
No, I'm still around - just got caught up on other stuff for a while :-)
btw, I finally got me a GF-9000 recently after missing out on the one you sold Tre many moons ago - I have definitely been missing out on a quality box - much better sound than I thought it would have - and managed to get at a bargain price as well. Still looking for the elusive M90 though i.e. elusive as not paying £1300 for one - lol

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
JT Techno said:
No, I'm still around - just got caught up on other stuff for a while :-)
btw, I finally got me a GF-9000 recently after missing out on the one you sold Tre many moons ago - I have definitely been missing out on a quality box - much better sound than I thought it would have - and managed to get at a bargain price as well. Still looking for the elusive M90 though i.e. elusive as not paying £1300 for one - lol
Yeh Tre got a bargain there for sure. I like the 9000...stick the right music on and it sounds awesome. Since you’ve been away I managed to get an M90 and a C100 and many more lol