New Boombox Generation Reveiws and General Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:
Brutus442 said:
A great review indeed. I agree with Reli on these boxes...except that Sound Cube...that is hideous IMHO! :sick: It may sound good but it looks like nothing I'd tote around :no: :lol: I certainly wouldn't show this to my freinds :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well it looks like a mini guitar amp........pretty common device for musicians.

At least you wouldn't have to hide it in a duffle bag like you would with the Sharp and JVC :lol:
That's all fine and good, but the only way you can look cool is if you carry a guitar around with you as well.

TMR

Member (SA)
Nov 25, 2009
New York
ok i got to spend a little more time last night with the Pioneer.. Hemi is correct.. it does have controls for Loudness..Dance Sound low/mid/high settings.. and sound retrieval.. i tried them all.. i honestly didnt hear much of a difference.. dont get me wrong.. the Pioneer has a nice full sound.. if i didnt have the Sharp to compare it to then perhaps it would have faired better.. and the price difference.. no contest there.. Sharp wins no problem.. i will do more research on the Pioneer.. i'm sure Hemi will chime in with his own review.. and i will be eager to hear what he says.. mind you he paid $100 less than i did :-P

BTW do you know what STEEZ stands for? Style With Ease.. interesting isnt it..

a few more tidbits.. i wish you could do more with the Pioneer LCD display.. like make your own message.. or add some cool graphics like the ones on higher end Pioneer car stereo's.. that would make it even cooler..

i'll make this short and sweet.. the Sharp would make the Pioneer it's bitch.. plain and simple.. thats how much bass and how loud the sharp gets..

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I got to mess around with my Pioneer Last night and I have to say I am very pleased with it.
I did not get to use all of the features, because mine is missing the remote :annoyed:
But I did get to use it with Ipod, Line in and internal memory and I got to mess around with the mixtrax software.
The DJ mix feature, tempo control and battle modes are all pretty kool features and are cutting edge for boombox technology.
The software was easy to set up and it pulled all my music in from itunes seamlessly.
Sound is very nice and very well balanced for my tastes.
It has enough bass to get the party rocking, the highs are crisp and clear and gets pretty darn loud with little to no distortion.
I will do a full video review once they send me a remote and get to spend a little more time getting familiar with it.
Initial impressions are very good.
Altec IMT 800 is still my all time favorite so far as new school boxes are concerned.
Are any of the big box stores carrying the Sharp so I could give it a test run?
I would love to check it out :afro:

TMR

Member (SA)
Nov 25, 2009
New York
lol i wish there was man.. i feel i'm the only one touting the Sharp.. man does anyone else on earth have the Sharp GX-M10? anyone? peeps in Europe have to have some.. the price was rediculous over there.. i cant believe that nobody snagged one.. i keep checking daily here in the states i have 3 sites that list em but there all back ordered.. ABT Electronics has been back ordered since the second week of Febuary.. geesh how long does it take to get more in.. I WANT ANOTHER ONE! :-D

TMR

Member (SA)
Nov 25, 2009
New York
GOOD NEWS! just got off of live chat with ABT Electronics.. there expecting 15 on Friday! one of them is mine ALL MINE! :lol: finally someone else can chime in on this badass box.. i told them to order more as i have been praising the Sharp all over the internet.. btw they have the best price too $250 with free shipping.. and in my case.. no tax.. GET ONE!

stanzar

Member (SA)
Oct 28, 2012
NOR
TMR said:
also kinda scratching my head on the 3 speaker not having enough bass.. i find it has to much bass.. in fact even after turning the bass control all the way down the bass is still to much.. i'm sure Hemi and Bill can chime in on that one..
Could you perhaps name a song that would typically produce too much bass on the 3-speaker?
Would be nice to try it out on mine! Or could my taste in music be a bit to lame? :lol:

TMR

Member (SA)
Nov 25, 2009
New York
well i bought a newish JVC HD camcorder so my videos will become much more tolerable.. here's the model i grabbed fairly cheap..

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-GZ-HM50-Camco ... B004LB5AJK

so i will be re-doing the Pioneer vs. Sharp GX-M10 in high def and in stereo.. and with more information now that i have spent a few days with the Pioneer..

(my opinion hasnt changed) but i just want to make the video more listenable and clearer..

till then..

PULSE

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2013
Russia
pulse-x.ru

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
great topic, nice work.

TDK 2 and 3 speaker: I do not like that the speaker covers can be smashed in.
I can not believe the engineers forgot something as basic as grill covers.
A little known fact is that these tdk engineers used to be boat captains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6TTeL-wNs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

wowminister

Member (SA)
May 8, 2011
UK - Banbury
Great review.

I have all all but the Steez that for some reason does not float my boat. Have to say that the AL and the Sharp GX are by far my faves. The TDK 3spk is really on instrument amp duties so I don't really use it outside of my studio. Have to say the latest JVC's have been a disappointment for me. Always fallback to my DP100 if I want a JVC Kaboom fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.