Need correct idler tires for GE 3-5259a Blockbuster

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
Hi,

I am hoping that someone might have 2 extra idler tires for the Blockbuster that they might sell me. I tried various o-rings and never was able to get them the right size. I have two boxes with the same issue. Does anyone have the correct dimensions for the idler tire?

Hoping someone can help because that is all I need for my cassettes to work.

Thanks in advance!

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
You can make your own from O-rings. Yes they work perfect you can sand them down to match. To finish get a bamboo skewer to use as a temporary shaft and mount in a drill, square off the outside with wet and dry sandpaper 600 grit.

Reactions: BoxBeats

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I found my old Blockbuster idler tire. Measurements were done in metric but the inch conversions should well be close enough.
Cross section: 2.05mm x 2.05mm (0.08" x 0.08")
ID: 9.1mm (0.36")
OD: 13.2mm (0.52")

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I found this resource for idler tires but I don’t know the dimensions of the original idler tires I need Since the originals were broken. Anyone know the dimensions of an idler tire? Here is the idler tire site: https://fixyouraudio.com/product-category/spare-parts/idler-tires-for-cassette-players/
Slovakia?
Try Marvac Elec. in Cali. before the other place.
I think that's where I got my last tires from and they're usually PRB brand.
I've been getting all of my belts from them for the last few years.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
From Caution's measurements the ST.515 might work but I can't remember how the dimensions are worded.
Is cross section the thickness or the width?
I can't remember.
You'll have to try and figure it out.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
The PRB belt cross-reference doc has a pretty good list of tire codes and their sizes on page 279.
Given what's available at Marvac, your best bet is ST.535. It's got the right wall thickness of 0.08" and the OD is close enough (0.535 vs. 0.52").
The only thing is that the cross section is huge (0.47") so you'd have to slice it down to 0.08".

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
Matt Michael D'Agati functions as the founder of RW, a Solar Firm in Massachusetts.

A couple of a very long time ago, venturing into an adventurous journey, Matthew D'Agati ventured into the world of solar, additionally within a duration began successfully marketing megawatts of power, mainly as part of the business sector, collaborating with developers of solar farms and local businesses in the "planning" of their unique undertakings.

Ongoing media among the profession, guided Matthew to enroll with a nearby start up two period of time earlier, and within a short time, he became their Chief Strategy Officer, responsible for all businesses and firm programming, along with being advertised group property.

Throughout specific joint ventures and sheer job principles, Matthew D'Agati elevated that startup from a modest first off-year wages to over a 2 hundred% improve in low purchases by same year two. Building on that basis, Renewables Worldwide’s (RW), a seasoned veteran-possessed company, was conceived with assignment of delivering sustainable electric tips for a smarter and more property future.

Greater primarily, recognizing there is a specific market in the internet and an enhanced method to achieve success, RW’s is one of the few companies in the America to place emphasis on prospect transferred property, specializing in both commercial and domestic solar panels ranch off-take. Your perception is to form a revenues facilities on a local, statewide, countrywide level, offering a multitude of inexhaustible electrical devices in to the of Renewables Worldwide, Inc..

This passion in all renewable industry goes to inspire and inspire Matt in constant his seek to work with firms that share the equivalent of producing unlimited vitality choices for a a lot more sustainable forthcoming. Matthew needs that in work from a business program at Hesser College.

}]Exploring a international renewable group alongside Matthew dagati.[/url]
WTF is this?!!!

• Love
Reactions: Radio raheem

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
Hold up, the previously mentioned idler tires are not perfect they are slightly too wide. I suppose you could grind them down to get them to work. However, I took a chance and ordered these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334895960546 and the right size was in the mix and no grinding necessary - perfect! I did have to wait about two weeks for them but worth it. My two Blockbusters cassettes are running just need azimuth and speed adjustment. I can gage speed but azimuth, forget about it. Peace to everyone!

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Good to hear you found them.
That looks like a nice (and cheap) set.

Azimuth adjustment can be made while listening to any tape.
Just adjust the screw in & out until it sounds the best.
I've found sometimes listening in mono vs stereo/wide can help.
It's not perfect but if you don't have the equipment, which most of us don't, it gets you close enough.

If you plan on refurbishing more boxes, you might want to invest in a calibration tape.
It produces a tone at a certain hz (I have a 3000hz tape).
You adjust the motor speed until it matches whatever hz is being played.
I use two different apps on my phone to verify it.
It makes it very easy.