My Vintage Pioneer HPM-100 Speakers (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb

Member (SA)
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto Canada
tshorba said:
Time to upgrade the amp from an SA to one of the big SX series, or even better a big G series Sansui monster amp. The fluroscan components do look nice.
Its my bedroom system... its overkill to the max !
My Sony FH-215R boombox is even overkill ! :lol:

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
Robb said:
Its my bedroom system... its overkill to the max !
My Sony FH-215R boombox is even overkill ! :lol:
Ha, my bedroom system is a Hafler power amp, Proton Pre, Technics 1200 & large Energy standmount speaker, and for back up a Yamaha M-70 and pre. There is no such thing as overkill with amps and power, different story with speaker sizes in rooms.

oscar704

Member (SA)
Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne
amazing design :D wish i had something like this
amazing how it still looks decent 30 yrs after its made :p (i cant keep anything -_-)

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
shane higgins said:
Just missed a pair on gumtree $30
That's a great price, they would probably be gone in minutes.

I snagged a pair about 2 weeks ago for $20 at a local thrift that usually sucks.
I usually only stop by this place once every week or two and almost never find anything, not even a cassette tape. This trip was different, as soon as I rounded to corner and could see the electronics section from about 80 feet away I instantly knew what was on the floor, HPM-100's. I think I was knocking old ladies to the floor as I was speed walking towards the HPM's. :lol:

They aren't mint but they are in good shape and none of the drivers have any damage. :thumbsup:

Robb

Member (SA)
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto Canada
Who is dumb enough to sell a pair of Vintage Pioneers for $30 ?
Even if you know nothing about speakers, you can see how nice they are....

dumb...

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Robb said:

dumb...
i offered him $100 if he sells to me
then said f..k it $200
but still said he would wait until friday to see if other person gets them
:dunce:

Robb

Member (SA)
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto Canada
shane higgins said:
Robb said:

dumb...
i offered him $100 if he sells to me
then said f..k it $200
but still said he would wait until friday to see if other person gets them
:dunce:
ok good luck. If you get them, post pics !

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
I bought a pair of these speakers a while back from a guy at work who bought them new, think they are the 100 watt versions, I had to replace the tweeters as they were blown. I used a pair of Dayton silk domes, they sound really good. Not as clean as yours though. I have them on a pair of stands I made quick for my Klipsch's that another guy at work gave me. I'm running the Pioneer's off of a old Sansui G-5500 receiver, they are so loud I haven't had the volume above 4. Turntable is a JVC QLY55Fand have a tascam 302 dual deck while my Aiwa AD-F990 gets repaired.

some pics below:

here's my turntable before I got it from my friend , it's in good shape but the dust cover has some big scratches, I'm using an older Ortofon cartridge in it:

Robb

Member (SA)
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto Canada
ahardb0dy said:
Thanks, appreciate it anyway. I paid $100 for the pair, they needed a good cleaning and after I cleaned them and some wood polish they look pretty good. With the dayton tweeters now they sound good too.
Thats a good deal man !

Status
Not open for further replies.