My Sharp GF-9191X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone-I'm just getting used to using my new digital camera Phone and I like outside shots the best.
Here is some new photos of my Sharp Gf-9191X.
I really like the versatility of this boombox.
It has a great tuner section and the cassette works pretty good to.
I just need to clean some of the cassette's internals still w.de-oxit.
I love the sound-the right side is just a lttle quieter than the left side but on mono it's the same.
The cassette works good enough that it doesn't really need anything.
I just want to get it perfect though.
These things rock!
35 watts draw and it's pretty clean.

I'm getting use to taking "Better Shots" with my camera so be patient with my photos.I'm really used to taking nature and outside shots without boomboxes.
I can't wait to get a serious camera!!
Enjoy & have a super week-GB.
:-) :-D

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Tony-That's a good idea as I have some but I think it's a little yellow from age but I will try that.
The only thing that's basically keeping it from mint is that and couple of small scratches,
Thanks for that Tony & have a great week-GB. :-)

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Thanks Ramon-It's actually my Blackberry Smartphone(Storm).
For a phone,it's not bad.
I'm really looking to getting a serious digital camera w/ video this fall/winter.
I'm actually looking into a professional Camera that the papp's use.
Yes,I'll probably have to pay a couple of grand but the results will be staggering especially since I run a website!
Thanks everyone & have asuper week-GB. :-) :-D

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Ramon-yes the Blackberry Storm has a 3.4 mp camera & video player.
It takes outside photos much better.
Thanks everyone & have a great night-GB. :-)

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Models in this era for Sharp are not easy to get on Ebay unless your ready to go high with your bidding.I have a 9191 that functions but is in very used condition.These radios have 8 back plate screws.Four are at the boxes corners.The other four form a square towards the back plates center area.Though these latter four are missing from mine,the box seems to be totally tight with no rattles even when I kick up the bass.They're built like tanks with metal switches.Beautiful and great sounding radio!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Great box & great shots!!!

Now I'm inspired... I have a black version of that box! Will need to take some pics too to add to yours...

I might even put on MJ & Paul McCartney's "Ebony and Ivory" for the occasion! (nah, I hate that freakin' song)

Ewen

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Yeah , those scratches are just so awful man - I'll take it off your hands for £20. :lol:

Seriously, that is a really tasty example of a quintessential boombox.

Just sold one too - regretting it already :(

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Additionally, Ghettoboom, that lop-sided balance issue you refer to afflicted my 9191 for a time - I found it was the mono/stereo switch acting flakey. A squirt of contact cleaner spray and good old wiggle and it seems to have cleared up nicely. Only issue on mine is that 'whurrrrrrrrr' over the speakers when I press STOP on the tape, like the motor winding down to a halt. I think this may be down to switch contact issues or a bad filter capacitor.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Thanks guys-I love this box!
I'll be posting more photos of other boxes later.
I love the Sharps alot!!
Have a great one-GB. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.