More than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST

Sorry my indoor pics suck, the batteries were going kaput in the camera! You get the point though, I have a few other multis I'll get up when the camera works again!

PHADE

Member (SA)
Jun 11, 2009
Haha.

How much did you buy the top boxes for? Man, if I had money, I'd buy one of them motherf*ckers is a heartbeat.

Sorry, I don't know models.

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
It's fairly easy to come up with multiple versions (with visible differences) of Matsushita boxes, since many versions of a single model were usually made under the National, National Panasonic, Panasonic and Quasar names. Not so easy - but still possible - is finding multiple versions of Sharps, JVC's (there's almost always a Victor Japanese issue), Philips/Maganvox, and the gobs of OEM brands.

Here's my RX-5100 "family" of four...

The plain ol' North American 5100:

The international RX-5100F (with SW bands):

The Australian RX-5100FA (bronze color, SW bands, 240 volts only):

And my favorite, the RX-5104 from Mexico (actually made there!), with controls labeled in Spanish:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey boooom shalooka -

THANKS for posting all these pix --
its been a great tour , and education and a continuous thrill---
hope you keep on keepin on :thumbsup:

each of your posts should count as EIGHT posts --really :-)

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Just noticed that the 5100FA doesn't look so bronze in bright sunlight... at least not on my cheesy digital camera. So, here's an indoor shot with flash to bring out the color. It really is bronze! Honest! (And the others really are silver.)

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Boom Shaka Laka said:
My "family" of Panasonic RX-FM15 mini's...
The four (that I know of) colors for North America, along with a National (international version with SW) and a Quasar.

Here's the front of one of the color FM-15's, not visible in the group photo:

My boss at my Air Base has that lil Silver Quasar mini too. I've been trying to soften him up on selling it to me. He keeps saying "That thing? You don't want that little thing- it's been here for a long time" I'll ask him for the 5th time next month, or until he throws me out've his office.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
If you ever get around to selling that pink box, let me know. :yes:

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
Fatdog said:
If you ever get around to selling that pink box, let me know.
You betcha!

Meanwhile, another set of Matsushitas. The midi RX-F35 is a decent sounding little bugger for its size, thanks to a loudness control, separate bass & treble, four speakers, and an ambience setting. Good and loud at only a couple of notches on the volume slider. From left to right, what you've got here are the U.S. (North American) Panasonic silver AM/FM version, the Japanese National red AM/FM/TV version, and the international black Panasonic LW/MW/SW/FM version (actually an F32L) (don't ask me to explain Matsushita's wacky numbering system). Most fun: lots of controls hidden under a panel on top.

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
I have a feeling Boom Shaka is hiding a lot of his others.
The lightning bolt boxes for example. Very cool!!! :w00t:

Someone needs to bust out their Rising/Clairtone/Yorx 20/20 boxes. ultra cool! :cool:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
also -- there are SOOOOOOOOO many versions of the mini sanyo 7900 --
and they are all beautiful :-)

anyone have a set of those ??

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
Boom Shaka Laka said:
Fatdog said:
If you ever get around to selling that pink box, let me know.
You betcha!

Meanwhile, another set of Matsushitas. The midi RX-F35 is a decent sounding little bugger for its size, thanks to a loudness control, separate bass & treble, four speakers, and an ambience setting. Good and loud at only a couple of notches on the volume slider. From left to right, what you've got here are the U.S. (North American) Panasonic silver AM/FM version, the Japanese National red AM/FM/TV version, and the international black Panasonic LW/MW/SW/FM version (actually an F32L) (don't ask me to explain Matsushita's wacky numbering system). Most fun: lots of controls hidden under a panel on top.

these are awesome :yes: :yes:
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :ninja: :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.