M90 AC power problem (120v version POSSIBLY powered by 240v)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
No. Get the proper one. When you increase the voltage at that rail, you also increase current consumption throughout as well. Some circuits such as tuner is calibrated to and extremely sensitive to voltage hence the need for all the regulators with varying voltages.

I'm not sure wattage but I suggest 1-watt. It doesn't cost much more.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
docs said:
Darn, searched around for the ID of it but will have to try locate one that has those values. Cheers.
If you can't locate new I have parts unit I may be able to get it from for you. Can't guarantee if it will last though :-(

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
baddboybill said:
docs said:
Darn, searched around for the ID of it but will have to try locate one that has those values. Cheers.
If you can't locate new I have parts unit I may be able to get it from for you. Can't guarantee if it will last though :-(
Thanks a bunch, will let you know, I can get a 10v from the store tomorrow with a +-5% and is half watt like the original. If that is not good I'll be in touch. :thumbsup:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks for all your help and guidance on this one. I've changed diode D601, transistor Q601 and the resistor R603 and audio is restored.
Result!
Basically, the diode was faulty so I replaced that and at the same time did the resistor just to make sure. Still no dice on the voltage at E on Q601 so replaced that and audio was restored.
Once again thanks to you this one sings again.

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
docs said:
Thanks for all your help and guidance on this one. I've changed diode D601, transistor Q601 and the resistor R603 and audio is restored.
Result!
Basically, the diode was faulty so I replaced that and at the same time did the resistor just to make sure. Still no dice on the voltage at E on Q601 so replaced that and audio was restored.
Once again thanks to you this one sings again.
Congratulations on the fix! Way to hang in there! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.