M80 has batt light, but no other function.

rootsu

Nov 15, 2021
Seattle, WA
No idea where to begin on this one -
M80, when plugged in, shows the "BATT light on" but no function for tape/radio/line in.

Checked fuse, active, checked power across the board, turns on.

NO idea where to start troubleshooting - is this a common problem with this model?

Superduper

Member (SA)
That's a very complicated boombox, much more complicated than regular ones. Perhaps the function switch is toast. You'd have to check all the voltage rails to see if they are getting power. A service manual would be most helpful, without which you are just shooting blind or guessing. Otherwise, how would you even know which are the voltage rails or where to check them.

rootsu

Nov 15, 2021
Seattle, WA
The only service manual I see is for $20, which seems kinda pricy for a poorly scanned, B&W document. I guess it's just going to be wall candy for now. I'll get a DC power supply eventually and see if it powers up via the batt terminals, maybe it's something as simple as the current/input not properly switching.

No wonder working models are pricy, these items are falling apart. I thought I snagged some good deals per chance, and wanted to get into the hobby. Challenge accepted, but for when I have more time. :)

Happy I have two M70's, I'll focus on those.