M70 project in white is finally done!!...pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
Is it me or does this new white M70 look better than the old white M70? :huh: :hmmm: :yes: :cool:

This is gonna sound kinda foul, but I think I may be glad that your wife ran over the original white M70! :-P

Do me a favor... When you get a chance, THANK HER for me! :thumbsup: :lol: :cool:

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Old school Scott said:
mellymelsr said:
...the paint on the handle holds up very well. I haven't had any problems yet...and yes, I usually apply a couple coats of clear on the handle. Duplicolor makes a nice, hard, all purpose clear coat...gets hard as nails.
Thanx Melly
and do you wait a full 24 hours before you apply the next coat?
{sorry guys, I know this isn't Tech forum}

Cheers OSS :afro:
...nah, I dry each coat with a hair dryer...takes just a few minutes. But once you are done with your coats let it sit and cure for 48 hours...then it will be hard as nails... :-D

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
MONOLITHIC said:
Is it me or does this new white M70 look better than the old white M70? :huh: :hmmm: :yes: :cool:

This is gonna sound kinda foul, but I think I may be glad that your wife ran over the original white M70! :-P

Do me a favor... When you get a chance, THANK HER for me! :thumbsup: :lol: :cool:
:agree: ...you are right Mono...this one came out better. I was more patient and applied thinner coats and the paint came out glass smooth...trust me the pic's don't do it justice...thanks for all the kudos fellas... :-D

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
cableguy said:
very slick... what kind of paint did you use?
...I used Krylon gloss white plastic paint for the front, Duplicolor silver metallic import car paint for the back, Krylon high gloss black for the grills, and Duplicolor chrome for the tweets and mic's.....and Duplicolor clear coat on everything.....

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
i must agree there is quality in your work

and may i ask ,

do you spray paint???

or does it come in cans?[/quote][eldorado]

...spray cans with a wide angle tip...

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
BRAVO!!!
That looks awesome!!!!
Better than factory If I may be so bold.
Congrats on the rebuild .

Status
Not open for further replies.