M70 good and bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
So I picked this up from Dave/Docs last night and have messing with it today...as Dave says there's a slight difference in the volume level of each channel but it just means one slider needs to be a couple of mil higher than the other to even it out. Bearing in mind that before Dave had it the right hand channel was barely audible I can live with this tiny flaw :-D

So I've been running my iPod thro it with an fm transmitter and it's awesome. It goes seriously loud and the bass on it kicks the s**t out of all my other boxes :lol: Still love my other boxes but I now understand with the M70 is held in such high regard by the majority of collectors. Super-glad I've got one so big thanks to Lee (stereomad) for the deal and to Dave (Docs) for getting it blasting on both channels...cheers guys!!!!! :thumbsup:

hollyrockets

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2010
Olympia, WA
I have 3 M70s and EACH ONE has THIS GOING ON in the LEFT CHANNEL!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

SO ANNOYED!!!

At least it seems to be not too hard to fix.

I still don't hate sliders. After all, one of my fondest childhood memories was sliding my dad's M70 sliders VOLUME UP(!!!) with my little girl fingers. So no hating on sliders ALLOWED!!!

I also had to use both index and middle fingers to press down hard on the tape deck for play to stick when I would play my Journey, Prince, INXS, and Micheal Jackson tapes... I will never forget the metallic sound when I would press stop on that tape deck. No other stereo was SO FREAKING GREAT. None.

Sarratt

Member (SA)
Mar 23, 2010
hollyrockets said:
I have 3 M70s and EACH ONE has THIS GOING ON in the LEFT CHANNEL!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

SO ANNOYED!!!

At least it seems to be not too hard to fix.

I still don't hate sliders. After all, one of my fondest childhood memories was sliding my dad's M70 sliders VOLUME UP(!!!) with my little girl fingers. So no hating on sliders ALLOWED!!!

I also had to use both index and middle fingers to press down hard on the tape deck for play to stick when I would play my Journey, Prince, INXS, and Micheal Jackson tapes... I will never forget the metallic sound when I would press stop on that tape deck. No other stereo was SO FREAKING GREAT. None.
..wow

... were you spying on me ?..lol and dont forget to never ever toutch to red button

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Oops never did update this thread...the imbalance between the volume level of the two sliders kept bugging me so I searched out a replacement slider. After a year and several failed attempts I finally got one from Alberto and this M70 is now perfect!! WAHOO!!! :-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Hey Alberto, did you get the chance to check out that IC yet please? I put a picture in the wanted thread and I and the forum member whose M70 it is are eagerly awaiting the outcome of this and the I/O board (DIN line/RCA Phono spec rather than all RCA).

:-)

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
Beosystem10 said:
Hey Alberto, did you get the chance to check out that IC yet please? I put a picture in the wanted thread and I and the forum member whose M70 it is are eagerly awaiting the outcome of this and the I/O board (DIN line/RCA Phono spec rather than all RCA).

:-)
I have tried to PM you, but It will not let me send you a PM. :hmmm: Where is this IC located on the JVC M70?

Status
Not open for further replies.