Looking for El Diablo

Federico

Sep 2, 2021
San Jacinto CA
Hello. I am preparing to shoot a film set in the late 70's one of the characters in the film has a Diablo boombox with him. This is very specific as the Diablo was THE boombox of that time period. Can anyone tell me where I could get one. I could rent it if you do not want to sell. Please let me know!

Federico

Sep 2, 2021
San Jacinto CA
Thank you. I did see this on EBay and the cost was a bit more than I was expecting. I realize this is a rare vintage radio and the value is high but I was hoping someone that owns one would reach out and we could work something out for short term rental or something like that.

Federico

Sep 2, 2021
San Jacinto CA
Do you guys think it would be best for me to get the one on EBay for $1,000? It is in South Korea. I usually do not buy from overseas. Would appreciate any advice on this.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
if you use PayPal with eBay then you will at least have protection because if you don't receive the item or it's not as described you can still get your money back. not only that you can probably resell the Boombox and regain most of the money afterwards. it's expensive to make movies especially if you have to buy props. nobody's going to rent these boomboxes and if they do the price and the insurance will be so expensive it'll be cheaper to buy it yourself anyway. you can also even hire somebody who owns one of these boom boxes to be in the movie.

Federico

Sep 2, 2021
San Jacinto CA
Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely use PayPal. I am still searching around but I am more and more inclined to just buy one and then resell it. Or maybe I just keep it and start refurbishing boomboxes! Sort of like the old radios, they have a sort of nostalgic coolness to them if you know what I mean!
Thanks again for your suggestions.