Looking for assistance on a Sanko Motor on my TRC-975.

nohtto

Jan 27, 2021
Illinois, USA
Ok, so everything was working fine, and still can be all right...except, whenever I press play on the cassette player, something was just making "a screeching wrrring" noise. I opened it up, and it's so weird, if I touch the motor myself, it'll stop making noise and act like normal. But, if I stop it and play again, it makes the noise. It has to be the motor, because I touched it a few times and for whatever reason, it'd stop.

The one in the picture isn't mine, but I found someone else who's opened theirs and just screenshot it. In the lime-green box is what I am referring to as the "sanko motor."
I wrote down small details on it, and it has "M9T90U20-T" and "9V CCW" on it, and printed in black a "711267" with a green "C" after it. On the top of the motor it has "SANKO MOTOR AB+-".

I don't know how I'm going to find this specific part, nor do I even know how to solder it if I really had to. What do I even do in this situation? I'm willing to pay someone to help repair it if possible, but of course, locally (I don't think I'd ship this thing out unless they were a store/company that does repairs). I also have another concern regarding why left speaker doesn't perform as well as the right one sometimes. But when I'm in the radio mode, both sides play just fine. Not sure why.

Attachments

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Some contact cleaner spray may clear up both issues. Spray the long record/play switch and the function switch. If the motor still doesn't work, any 9V motor that spins CCW and is dual speed (for the 975's hi-speed dubbing) will work fine, you just have to take the pulley off your motor and put it on the replacement.

There are two speeds of dual-speed deck motors though, and I have no idea which one your Sanko is. Mabuchi makes both, you could try them. The EG-500KD-9B and EG-530KD-9B are 1600/3200 rpm dual-speed motors. The EG-500YD-9B and EG-530YD-9B are 2000/4000 rpm.

nohtto

Jan 27, 2021
Illinois, USA
Some contact cleaner spray may clear up both issues. Spray the long record/play switch and the function switch. If the motor still doesn't work, any 9V motor that spins CCW and is dual speed (for the 975's hi-speed dubbing) will work fine, you just have to take the pulley off your motor and put it on the replacement.

There are two speeds of dual-speed deck motors though, and I have no idea which one your Sanko is. Mabuchi makes both, you could try them. The EG-500KD-9B and EG-530KD-9B are 1600/3200 rpm dual-speed motors. The EG-500YD-9B and EG-530YD-9B are 2000/4000 rpm.
I wish I had a diagram on what's a long record/play switch, function switch. Searching online just gives me mixed results in the context of a boombox, or nothing at all. And even if I got the part...I honestly still wouldn't know what specifically to do and what to avoid; I'm a complete novice at this.

By contact spray, do you mean those cans of compressed air that people use on their keyboards (first time reading it referred to as contact spray if so).

And those parts seem cheap, so I might as well pitch in for those in the future.

Admux

Feb 25, 2021
Hongkong
can you see 2 black wires that are attached to the tape deck ( one from each deck side) and screwed to posts under the chassis of the deck ... they act as grounding wires ... are the missing from your box ?