Long lost grail FOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxhead

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2010
skippy1969 said:
A while ago JVC Floyd posted that his mom "Bless her " :bow: found a rare JVC PC-X1000 with the owners manual and remote at a yard sale and picked it up for Floyd.
When I saw this I was bugging the hell out of Floyd to please please think about selling/trading it to me as I have been after one since 1991 when my wife and I were looking for a small stereo or big boombox for our apartment. My buddy Tony let me try out his brand spanking new JVC PC-X1000 overnight and we fell in love with it.
My wife and I went to American TV in Madison the next day to pick up a PC-X1000 of our own. But when we got there,they were sold out and didn't think that they would be getting anymore in stock,DAMN IT.......... :thumbsdown: :annoyed:
So we settled for a new Sony CFD770A instead. It sounded nice,but it wasn't as nice sounding as the JVC.
So since then I've been wanting one and Floyd unselfishly set me up with his, what an Awesome guy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So Thanks a million Floyd for selling me the JVC,it is a real prize to me for sure........
It's not technically a boombox since it doesn't take batteries and the handle is built in and not a fold up so carrying it can be a little awkward compared to a real boombox,but it is portable.
Floyd packed it up tight and it made it all the way from his house just fine,all 45 pounds of it! :w00t: :-O :jawdrop:
When the FedEx driver was waddling when he came up the sidewalk this morning,I knew it had finally arrived :lol: :lol
It is minty and has the original papers,power cord and remote control. :surf:
I took it apart today and fixed the only thing wrong,a stuck disc selector button. It took 30 minutes to figure out how to disassemble it and 30 seconds to fix the problem,LOL! :lol:
Thanks again Floyd you ROCK !!!!! :surf: :rock: :rock: :thankyou: :hooray:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
The back.
[ Image ]
140 watts baby!!!! :-O :jawdrop: :stereo:
[ Image ]

What's the ZIPCODE on that thing? :breakdance:

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
MasterBlaster84 said:
Rimmer36 said:
These boxes do oblitorate the m90 and the sony fh series..... congrats skipper and yea floyd is a gem :-)
Something tells me that's not fair to the true boomboxes, this thing is a home stereo in boombox clothing but it won't take batteries. :hmmm:
You talk to Ira too much.............. :dunce: :thumbsdown: :nonono: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
skippy1969 said:
MasterBlaster84 said:
Rimmer36 said:
These boxes do oblitorate the m90 and the sony fh series..... congrats skipper and yea floyd is a gem :-)
Something tells me that's not fair to the true boomboxes, this thing is a home stereo in boombox clothing but it won't take batteries. :hmmm:
You talk to Ira too much.............. :dunce: :thumbsdown: :nonono: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah blow my woofers skipper. :lol:

Seriously I love it and I'm happy you got it, I'd grab one in a heartbeat if I found one but the M90 just got jumped by Godzilla in a Black Labrador suit. :-P

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Great Long-Lost find there Skippy!!
I'd like to hear that beast!
I have a JVC PC-X105 that is simply amazing!
This must really be something!
How does it compare to a DT-680??
Curious-Thanks to JVC Floyd for helping Skippy out there!
Good job-GB. :-) :yes: :surf: :cool: :breakdance:

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Ghettoboom767 said:
Great Long-Lost find there Skippy!!
I'd like to hear that beast!
I have a JVC PC-X105 that is simply amazing!
This must really be something!
How does it compare to a DT-680??
Curious-Thanks to JVC Floyd for helping Skippy out there!
Good job-GB. :-) :yes: :surf: :cool: :breakdance:
Thanks GB!
It sounds great for sure, I would say the PC-X1000 sounds more bassy than the DT-680 probably due to the fact it has a Subwoofer. :hmmm: :yes:
But the DT-680 sounds better than the 1000 if you turn off the Sub.... :thumbsup:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
MasterBlaster84 said:
Rimmer36 said:
:agree: don... you know ill always love my m90's but this box simply out performs it but yea you cant carry one around :lol: ohh i wish you could...

ricgib

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2017
Does anyone know where I can get a CD magazine for my JVC PCX1000? And is it hard to change the belt on the cassette decks? ricib.

ricgib

Member (SA)
Aug 5, 2017
Got it open wasn't really hard to figure out,dam it is a Beastie!

It's a six CD changer and that's where I got it from. I can't find any parts for it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.