Living with and using the M90

Wally

Mar 6, 2019
Phoenix
Good deal,I just purchased an m90 and am ready to plug it up to see what it needs. Shout out to blu fuz, thanks for the coolbelts for my El Diablo and M70.
Peace, Walt

Attachments

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Such a great looking box. The grey finish and the chrome look awesome together.
I'm new to this wonderful scene so i'm trying to get up to speed with the various top end models and this looks like a top end, expensive box.

What years were these JVC's manufactured?

Wally

Mar 6, 2019
Phoenix
Thank you, I am new aswell. This is an awesome place to be a member and it has great people as member very top notch boombox enthusiasts.
The RC-M90 was introduced in 1981 and the RC-550 El Diablo was introduced in 1979.
I am trying to remember off the top of my head.

Check out blu_fuz, he has awesome JVC straps, I love the look and quality

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
A little update...

This past week my landlady had some plaster repair work done on my house, which included in the Boom Room. It's always stressful having repairmen or anyone for that matter in the house looking at my collection. But these guys turned out to be very respectful of the radios. But they did have to work on a window that is directly behind my main wall of radios. Thankfully, I only had to remove the top row of radios and my disco lighting rig.

I spent a few hours cleaning and reassembling my set up, which of course, required full scale testing!

While working on my set up, I thought "I need some tunes" and my eye's went straight to the M90.

The cassette of choice? The movie sound track for the original TOP GUN! Side one starts off with DANGER ZONE by Kenny Loggin's.

Damn that radio sounds good! :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
:thumbsup: That's a great soundtrack. All the best songs and fancy gadgets came out in the 80's IMO and they sound as good as ever on the M90. It was the most interesting time. Never to be repeated I'm sure.

I know what you mean when it comes to having strangers come in your home and eye your collection. I had a mattress and box spring set delivered one day. What made me more nervous than seeing them carrying a large mattress by within inches of my top end models, was the "Are they worth anything?" comment...to which I replied. "Eh. It's a matter of personal preference and only worth what someone is willing to give you at the time. Just a hobby for me" which isn't lying but better than saying "Hell farking yeah. These are all the top end models you're in front of. Consider yourself blessed to see one and please be careful"...lol

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
I had the Top Gun soundtrack on tape as a kid in the 80's and loved it. Always sounded great through a box.

Oh man, Danger Zone and Might Wings bring back the memories. :)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
T-STER said:
Fark i love that film! Great soundtrack to!
Part 2 is coming out soon ;-)

Transistorized said:
:thumbsup: That's a great soundtrack. All the best songs and fancy gadgets came out in the 80's IMO and they sound as good as ever on the M90. It was the most interesting time. Never to be repeated I'm sure.

I know what you mean when it comes to having strangers come in your home and eye your collection. I had a mattress and box spring set delivered one day. What made me more nervous than seeing them carrying a large mattress by within inches of my top end models, was the "Are they worth anything?" comment...to which I replied. "Eh. It's a matter of personal preference and only worth what someone is willing to give you at the time. Just a hobby for me" which isn't lying but better than saying "Hell farking yeah. These are all the top end models you're in front of. Consider yourself blessed to see one and please be careful"...lol
Oh Yeah, "Are they worth anything" means "Coming back to rob this MF later" (probably :lol: )

retroclub said:
I had the Top Gun soundtrack on tape as a kid in the 80's and loved it. Always sounded great through a box.

Oh man, Danger Zone and Might Wings bring back the memories. :)
:rock: :rock: :rock:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
LOL!

perfect choice of tunes for your M-90..................Top Gun Soundtrack!

I wish I still had my large scale model F-14 Tomcat that took me several days to build and my baby brother destroyed it in one!!!!! :bang:

Loved them Revell days!

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
The cassette transports on these once maintained are very reliable!!

The cam problem I have read about over the years doesn't sound like much fun, however if yours works just keep using it or at least cycle through the logic deck functions once a week at least or just play music on it! The mechanism is a very good one as you know by now! I wonder about my PC-5 if I fail to use it for a while - But it always just works & sounds so damn good! Enjoy that machine - Looked after, it will continue to just work! :yes: