Lasonic TRC-931

photo_julian

Jun 11, 2021
San Diego
what's up guys, new guy here from San Diego with a question about my Lasonic boombox that I've been holding on to for about 15 years.
so I understand there's different generations of these, can anyone help me figure out why the sticker or color on the power button is solid and not the typical 3 colors you normally see, I remember reading that this particular one was before they started putting out the tri color on the power button, any info would be greatly appreciated. I also own the ipod version of this lol but that one definitely has years to go before it's cool :) some of the buttons are loose but it works just fine.

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
There should be a date code sticker in the battery compartment however this appears to be an early second generation model because of the thin metal handle risers. The later model TRC 931 all had plastic handle risers. Yours looks like the model that came after the very first model TRC 931.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Floyd is right I think, but it is also possible to work out the version from the location of the headphone jack I think.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
This is one of my favorite model boomboxes I can tell you one thing the tweeters suck and if he replace them with some better ones it changes the sound dramatically these boxes are capable of way more with good tweeters but the woofers are f****** awesome and these things are bass monsters they just pound away I love them. I've owned every version of this box except the Bluetooth model.

Reactions: Hajidub