Largest Boombox Collection in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
I'm sure many collectors have that beat on sheer numbers, quality of collection is another question though.

I can think of one documented abuse of more than 170 boxes in a dungeon, think Houston Hoarder.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
You know when I think of the word bbx collector I would think that the bbx's would be in good condition and close to 100% anything less should not count.... ;-) I also believe that as a collector it would only count if you display them and /or use them periodically :thumbsup: :-D

nz boom

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2010
baddboybill said:
You know when I think of the word bbx collector I would think that the bbx's would be in good condition and close to 100% anything less should not count.... ;-) I also believe that as a collector it would only count if you display them and /or use them periodically :thumbsup: :-D
all of mine are on display and most are a 100% :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
nz boom said:
baddboybill said:
all of mine are on display and most are a 100% :thumbsup:
Oh yes mine are too :-D :thumbsup:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
I believe :super: once said he believed most of his collection was 100% working...that's what I'm looking for. I have about half down in one way or another (mostly need belts.) I envy anyone that can pop a cassette into any of their boxes for a quick comparo. :yes:

garylachance

Member (SA)
Sep 3, 2009
We've managed to amass over 300 since we started collecting a year and a half ago here in Vancouver...
Most of them were just the standard "non-collectible" ones, but there seem to be tons around at the recycling depots, thrift stores, etc.
We got Value Village to set aside the "broken" ones for us that they recycle and get like 20 from them every month for cheap!
Definitely a good source you guys should pursue in your own cities!

But yeah, we use them for this thing we do called the Decentralized Dance Party:
http://www.decentralizeddanceparty.com

We've lost like 200 so far, as the Parties get pretty wild, but it was well worth it!

Happy Hunting!
Gary

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
garylachance said:
We've managed to amass over 300 since we started collecting a year and a half ago here in Vancouver...
Most of them were just the standard "non-collectible" ones, but there seem to be tons around at the recycling depots, thrift stores, etc.
We got Value Village to set aside the "broken" ones for us that they recycle and get like 20 from them every month for cheap!
Definitely a good source you guys should pursue in your own cities!

But yeah, we use them for this thing we do called the Decentralized Dance Party:
http://www.decentralizeddanceparty.com

We've lost like 200 so far, as the Parties get pretty wild, but it was well worth it!

Happy Hunting!
Gary

[ Image ]
:cool: :cool: :-D

garylachance

Member (SA)
Sep 3, 2009
It's a combination of dropping and wandering away with them. Actual thievery and deliberate smashing is extremely rare. There's like one or two losers in every crowd of hundreds, but really the ratio of good people to bad is pretty heartening... :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
garylachance said:
the ratio of good people to bad is pretty heartening... :lol:
This is actually a very good test of human behavior percentages.

"How many people in 100 SUCK....Our band of scientist's have managed to nail it down to just YOU & YOU!" :nonono: :angelic: :hmmm:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
garylachance said:
the ratio of good people to bad is pretty heartening... :lol:
This is actually a very good test of human behavior percentages.

"How many people in 100 SUCK....Our band of scientist's have managed to nail it down to just YOU & YOU!" :nonono: :angelic: :hmmm:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
garylachance said:
Definitely- people aren't as bad as the newspapers make you think :)

Here's more info on the tour and how great people were:
http://www.decentralizeddanceparty.com/tour

:yes:
So true Gary but people have been scared to death the last few decades.
Parents now think there are child molesters and murderers on every corner and prowling every street all day long. My sister and brother in law are prime examples of this paranoid view, my nieces couldn't be out front of their house for 2 seconds without supervision until they were about 20.

garylachance

Member (SA)
Sep 3, 2009
Yeah- the news is especially paranoid and ridiculous in the USA- I know cause we're on the border and get to watch both.
Our is bad, but not as bad :-D

shane higgins

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
if boomboxes with cds and those little black roundy thing and silvery bluey pinky this are boomboxes and doubles and all these shity plasticy thing that make music
then i have over 300 but if we are talking good stuf only then my wall has 76 and there are wait
countless minis 38
so one offs only maybe 200
then there is quality well arron need i say more

Status
Not open for further replies.