Keeping my HS car alive

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Just like our radios, cars can spark memories of growing up. This is my High School car. Now with 326,000 miles and counting. Memories made daily!

20220403_173629.jpg

Probe_Trip.jpg

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
That's a beautiful car I know two people who had one of these one guy pre-ordered the very first Ford Probe that came out another one was a friend of mine from work mind you I had to whoop his ass with my Monte Carlo SS that about a 450 horsepower motor and his sister fell in love when I left this mother f***** in the dust mind you these are not race cars but they are awesome. My favorite thing about these cars is you can put a gigantic sub box in the back of it.

Reactions: Transistorized

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
That's a beautiful car I know two people who had one of these one guy pre-ordered the very first Ford Probe that came out another one was a friend of mine from work mind you I had to whoop his ass with my Monte Carlo SS that about a 450 horsepower motor and his sister fell in love when I left this mother f***** in the dust mind you these are not race cars but they are awesome. My favorite thing about these cars is you can put a gigantic sub box in the back of it.
Very true Floyd. When I got married, I moved all, except my bed, in the back of that car..lol. My wife shows up with a 26 foot U-Haul truck...haha.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
She's a Beauty and you'll probably never find one better looking than this still in existence.
Thank you Brother. Much appreciated. Many beers and late nights in the garage surrounded by family and friends listening to great music on a boombox. Wouldn't trade those memories for nothing :-)

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Thank you Brother. Much appreciated. Many beers and late nights in the garage surrounded by family and friends listening to great music on a boombox. Wouldn't trade those memories for nothing :-)
I was surprised how fast these things can move that's why I showed no mercy I just put the f****** pedal to the floor and didn't look back cuz I knew if I hesitated he will probably give me a hard time.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I had a 350 bored out to a 383 stroker with long tube headers dual Flowmaster mufflers a TCI Street Fighter torque converter B&M ratchet shifter line lock Pro injection with a edelbrock high rise intake 383 gears . It took all of that to beat the Ford Probe lol.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Enough of my ramblings you got a beautiful car there man you're like me you keep things as long as you can.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
...you got a beautiful car there man you're like me you keep things as long as you can.
Very true Floyd. I can keep a machines ghostly spirit confined within its shell long after it wanted to die....lol. That's one way to keep people from sifting through your garbage at the street though. Everyone on my block knows when I throw something away, it's had the life sucked out of it 10 times past junk...haha.

As a kid growing up, if I got something, I made it last because I wasn't getting anything else for a long while..lol

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Very true Floyd. I can keep a machines ghostly spirit confined within its shell long after it wanted to die....lol. That's one way to keep people from sifting through your garbage at the street though. Everyone on my block knows when I throw something away, it's had the life sucked out of it 10 times past junk...haha.

As a kid growing up, if I got something, I made it last because I wasn't getting anything else for a long while..lol
Trust me I grew up dirt poor when I got the most basic Boombox on Earth it was like the most wonderful thing I ever saw and I didn't complain about it. My father sold a couple of pigs that we had and I knew he had money so that's what I struck and asked for the boombox.

Reactions: Transistorized

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Ryan you are a great friend brother . I got down the RX 5050 you gave me man that thing is nice way better than the one I had. I was just listening to it a few days ago man that thing works great.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Those are actually good cars, I owned 2 of them. They got hated on just because back in the 80s Ford said they were thinking about replacing the Mustang with them. Had Ford never said that, people wouldn't have hated on them.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
These are great looking cars and they handle good too I just noticed this window sticker that's amazing in itself if you hold on to that car it'll be a collector car one day if not already.