JW vs JW II ?

fearziz

Oct 25, 2021
savannah
I am noob obviously but cannot find what the difference between JW and JW II means on the model. Can someone educate me?

fearziz

Oct 25, 2021
savannah
Are you talking about the JVC RC-838?
JW means it’s most likely North American market. The II was for the metal tape setting on the facelift versions.
yes , i picked up a JVC RC-838JW II but couldnt find any documentation on the differences between the names. I ask because I'm needing a service manual and there's a manual for the JVC RC-838JW & the 838JW II. Thank you for clarifying.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
yes , i picked up a JVC RC-838JW II but couldnt find any documentation on the differences between the names. I ask because I'm needing a service manual and there's a manual for the JVC RC-838JW & the 838JW II. Thank you for clarifying.
You’ll notice the ‘Metal’ symbol on the cassette door on your one. The service manua will be the same, that’s if they even bothered to do two versions.

Reactions: fearziz

fearziz

Oct 25, 2021
savannah
You’ll notice the ‘Metal’ symbol on the cassette door on your one. The service manua will be the same, that’s if they even bothered to do two versions.
thank you, that makes more sense to me now. If that's the only difference i wont bother buying the II manual as I already have the other.

Reactions: Hisrudeness

ELzekio

Member (SA)
Nov 20, 2016
If you opened up the inside of a JW and JW 2, you would see that the circuit board designs of the JW and JW2 are a bit different. JW2 was a bit of a re design, but nothing significantly different in terms of the way it performs.