JVC with accessories

Valde

Member (SA)
Sep 12, 2020
Norway
Amazing what cool stuff people still got laying around in basements and garages together with other junk. Just picked up this JVC PC5. It got the always lost back cover in place, JVC 12V car adapter, original remote, DIN cable and best of all, original JVC bag. The drivers is replaced at some point, but I allso got the original drivers who needs refoaming.
There is more to come, when I got time to pick it up. Two more PC5's, one big JVC one pice early 80s with accessories (not seen it yet), and maby a Sharp GF666(guess from the description).
DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0615.JPG

DSC_0616.JPG

Valde

Member (SA)
Sep 12, 2020
Norway
That cover accessory is great! What a haul!!
Yes, I really like the cover. It got a shoulder strap that makes this unit much more portable, It's definitely on the heavy side when loaded with D-cells. There is also a pocket inside for cables and tapes. I have carried the PC-11 around loaded with D-cells before, and the fixed center mounted handle on a deep heavy box is not the most comfortable experience.

Reactions: Brutus442

Valde

Member (SA)
Sep 12, 2020
Norway
More stuff arrived today. The earlier mention big, early 80s one-pice JVC. It turned out to be a M70 with original strap and carring bag :thumbsup: Looks to be in good condition, but needs a good cleaning. Still waiting for two more PC-5's and another Sharp one-piece.
DSC_0638.JPG

DSC_0639.JPG

DSC_0641.JPG

Reactions: docs and Brutus442

Valde

Member (SA)
Sep 12, 2020
Norway
I like the Toshiba
Me to, the Thoshiba got the unusual feture of wireless removable control panel for the tape transport. Not common on early 80's boomboxes. The box is in ok condition, and got the removable tape control, but sadly it's missing the tape door.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Me to, the Thoshiba got the unusual feture of wireless removable control panel for the tape transport. Not common on early 80's boomboxes. The box is in ok condition, and got the removable tape control, but sadly it's missing the tape door.
I bought this model out of an amazing London electronics shop, brand new, back in the 80s. They had it in the front window, as one of the main displays. Great model. I never lost the control either, unlike how so many of these ended up.

Reactions: Valde