JVC RC-M70JW - What's the AC Power Cord Compatibility??

thegovtmule

Mar 28, 2021
Georgia
Greetings - I just lucked up and ran across a RC-M70JW boombox in awesome condition yesterday at an estate sale - complete with the owner's manual. Everything works. There was a battery leak in the back but it was mostly in the center of the cavity and the battery springs and pads are still in good condition and working. I am an ebay seller and will list this shortly but I wanted to purchase an AC power cable for it. I'm not sure if this unit requires a polarized or a non-polarized power cable. The power input jack is a rectangle shape with a little clip / protrusion on the right side - so I'm guessing that is polarized.

I'm worried about someone plugging the wrong cable up to it and frying something and then wanting to return it to me. I've looked in Google and can't find a good answer or a specific cable for this model. All the owner's manual says for the power supply is "" AC 240/220/120V, 50-60Hz " - Can anyone tell me what sort of cable will safely work with this unit? Thank you.
20210328_105603[1].jpg

Attachments

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL

Use the same type I mentioned for M90.

Sound487

Sep 7, 2021
California

Use the same type I mentioned for M90.
Would this same power cord work for a JVC RC-828 JW? The springloaded flange inside the port is on the left side of this model. Thanks..

Attachments