JVC M90 clean up with pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
BoomboxLover48 said:
Sand blasting works so well. After all the wash and sanding I use a steel brush for the final cleaning and that cleans the edged of the perforations real well. Then soap wash and final rinse in DI water, dry and paint.

I saw a hand held laser beam on you tube that can remove rust so well. That looks very interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLaBFkeHG0A&ebc=ANyPxKq9NNFGpxzPYmFCvDVLb02L_HhLqv3MCvsTB4amq4TIBqcXFGHgqdfv245uMSTWj_xHnQ9MovHi-ZAW0EA6ZqaxJM6o_Q
Wow....that is cool....what the hell does it do with the rust? I don't see anything falling on the table :huh:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I saw that laser blaster too, fun!!!

This M90 doesn't have those boards anymore.

I scrubbed them with a toothbrush for the most part and some spots I had to wet down a little with windex and scrub and q-tip to really get the funk off.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Dude those before pictures and the tub water turned my stomach, GROSS. Looks soooo much better man. Great clean up Joe.

How does it sound with those Lasonic woofers in there? I like the bigger chrome dustcap look they give the M90, but I'm curious about how it sounds???

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
baddboybill said:
Is this the M90 you just sold or a different one? It's looking great which ever it is

Bad Boy Bill
This is the M90 I just sold.

SLO said:
How does it sound with those Lasonic woofers in there? I like the bigger chrome dustcap look they give the M90, but I'm curious about how it sounds???
It's hard to say how it sounds with the Lasonics because the sound is compromised already on this blaster. If you have to compare Lasonic woofers to original M90 woofers, there is no comparison. M90 woofers outblast Lasonics.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
There is just no other way to soak and scrub these, tub is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.